Saturday, August 05, 2006
Wow, that's a LONNNNGGGG time!
Last night Julia and I worked together. It was simply mahvelous, I tell ya! At one point, I had the crazy notion to dance around like an idiot (which really isn't all that uncommon, but usually I have two kids to kinda pretend I'm entertaining...really, it's just fun for me!). Julia came up and said, "You have PROBLEMS!" I said, "It took you that long to figure it out?" She replied, "Yeah, it took me 20 years to figure it out." Then we both got to thinking, and it occurred to us that, yes, it has been 20 years now that we've known each other. As a matter of fact, it was 20 years this month that we met, on the first day of third grade. That's craaazzzzyy, isn't it? Julia mentioned that we should do something to celebrate our twentieth anniversary, and I totally agreed. Soooooo, what should we do? I'm drawing a blank.

Yep, you got it. I'm asking you to help me figure out what we should do to celebrate our big 20th anniversary of being friends. I mean, that's quite a big thing, you know. I'm not that old, so having had a freind for 20 years is a pretty big accomplishment, especially since I'm, well, not your normal girl. Thankfully, though, I found Julia, another not-so-normal girl. Ahhhh, we were meant to be....

Okay, so help me out. Thanks.

Have a great day, see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:22 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Carrie

    I was lame when I realized my friend and I had been best friends for 20 years.

    I sent her a card and said "now that 27th grade is starting, wanna sleep over?"

    so lame, I know.

    save up for 25 years and buy her something 'silver'... that would be my advice. or go on a cruise together.. kids should be old enough by then, ya know?

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger gina

    well, considering you have 4.5 kids between you, how about a movie?? i hear barnyard is good...?

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Christi

    Perhaps I should have mentioned that this will have to be a "NO kids allowed" kinda thing. I mean, after all, when we met we didn't have kids!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I told Richard we were going away for the weekend and he cheerily said, "OK, as long as it's not this weekend." I wish I had money to really do something fun like that. Let's see if we get any good suggestions here.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Going away for a girls getaway week end sounds good.
    Save up some money between the two of you and go away with "NO KIDS and NO HUSBANDS".
    My girlfriend and I have been friends for 27 years now. We met back in JK in '79.
    Congrats, on your 20 years of friendship. Here's for 20 more years. Cheers.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    congratulations, christie and julia!

    natalie

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Body painting.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger karla

    Run naked through the middle of downtown!