Thursday, July 27, 2006
Work, ugh!


I started a new job today. I now work at "The Hut" w/Julia a few days a week, delivering pizza. I love delivering pizza. It's fun. I enjoyed my first day, and didn't do too badly for the few hours of work I put in. I was thrilled when I went on one delivery to two different houses, and made $9. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

Of course, I've also already figured out that one shift manager, hopefully the only one, doesn't much care for me. She seemed to turn her nose up whenever I spoke to her. I hear that she's not exactly the most liked person anyway, so I don't feel so bad. She did piss me off, though, when she sent me on a delivery, and then right behind me, she sent a guy to the street right next to where I was going. It was quite a ways away from the store as it was, but I didn't see the point at all of sending two people all the way out there at the same damn time. Like, literally, his car was right behind mine in traffic the entire way there. He turned one way, I turned the other, and we both went about 500 ft. to our deliveries. Stupid. I would have rathered just let him have both of them and saved myself the gas!

Anyway, I think it will be fun working there. My shirt, of course, is HUGE, so I'll have room to grow into it. I wouldn't care if it didn't have enough room under my arms for me to put a child under each arm. Maybe instead of finding them babysitters, I'll just put them there from now on! Oh, and I have a sexy black hat that just really adds to the whole hotness of it all. However, I think the uniform element that tops it all off is the apron they gave me that goes down to my knees, thus making me look like I have no legs! Hot, oh yeah. I'm just glad Trey wasn't home when I got off work, or he would have jumped my bones!

I hope you all are having a great day, and I look forward to telling you even more exciting stories from work tomorrow!
 
posted by Christi at 11:42 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Don't cuss her out! I know you want to.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You got an apron? What makes you so special?

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger gina

    and a hat? you are accessorized to the hilt.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    glad you like it. how many hours are you working?

    Nat

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Margo

    I'm glad you like the new job!!

    I'm a friend of candice's and just wanted to stop in and say hello!:-)

    You have adorable kids!

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Carrie

    congrats on the new job, momma!

    now I want pizza. seriously. 7:30 in teh morning, and I want pizza!

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You're hilarious! I've been laughing out loud reading your blog!