Wednesday, July 12, 2006
And excitment to boot!

Yesterday I got sunburned. It was all my fault. We went to the sprinklers w/Julia and kids, and I made sure to slather the 'sunscream' on the kids well, but neglected to slather myself. We were there about an hour or more, and I was sure I'd managed to avoid feeling the burn when I examined my shoulders at Ye Ole Fashioned, where we had ice cream after the park, and was still just the pink person I always am. Needless to say, when my back started to itch and feel funny later, I realized I was not so lucky. Now I've got my nice 'tan'. You know, the sexy red one where you look like the entree at Red Lobster? Yeah, hot huh?

Oh, and check out this awesome slide. It was fun, and very, very fast. Even my big ol' butt fit in it! Me likey! I'd have gone on it more, if I didn't get out of breath just looking at the stairs!

Last night I was supposed to tutor at 7. I got there at 7. No one home. I waited till 7:30, still no one home. So I scooted on out of there. I called Trey, no answer. I called my mom, no answer. Hmmm, what to do? I called Julia, answer. SCORE! I met up w/her at her homeschooling mom's group night out, and it was wayyyy fun. I like them. I want to join...and of course crash all of their mom's nights out! Afterwards, I convinced Julia to sit and watch me eat peach cobbler at my brother's restaurant, where I had envisioned myself harrassing him. However, he was not working...but his new girlfriend was! I got to meet her, and she's pretty and nice. I got a little tear in my eye when she said my brother said I have a nice personality and that she would like me, sniff, sniff. Try as I might have to think of embarrassing stories to tell her, the fact that he dressed up as a penis one year for Halloween (like, a couple of years ago!) pretty much insured that there was nothing I could say to make him flinch. It also doesn't help that his cheeks are even more red than mine...like, when would you know if he was embarrassed or not? For some reason it excites me that she has a four year old, and all I can think of is how I want to get him together w/TJ and they can play together. Yeah, maybe I'm rushing things just a little?

Anyway, gotta run. Hope your day is great, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:55 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I didn't know you were taking pictures! Who is that on the slide?

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    can I have some peach cobbler?

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Kurt

    There goes my Halloween costume idea.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Christi

    That's a pic from the website. I wasn't taking pics, although I thought about it later...oh well...I think I'll name the person on the slide Bob.

    Oh, and if you need tips, my brother's myspace acct name is Pen 14 (will you be my Pen 15?), if you want to know how to make a penis costume.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Oh, duh! The plate should have been a clue.