Thursday, July 06, 2006
Perspective...
It's scary how much you realize you love someone you've never seen (aside from on a computer screen...and that just looked like an alien!) when something happens that could hurt him. On the fourth, I was trying to get the kids in the playroom so we could sit down to eat (b/c, of course, they were done eating before we could even get our plates ready!), and as I was coming out, my foot didn't quite get clearance, and I got caught on the gate in the doorway. The gate is put there so the kids won't just walk out and fall down the stairs right outside the door. So, needless to say, when I completely lost my balance, couldn't get my foot off the gate, and fell headfirst into a pile of toys, it wasn't cool. What's worse is that my head went straight into the wall. I guess instinct made me throw my arms out to catch myself, b/c I remember thinking that I didn't want my belly to hit the ground, even if I did get hurt, and it didn't. I must have made a loud crash, b/c Trey and his mom came running up the stairs, and you could tell by Trey's voice that he was really worried. It was sweet. At the time, I didn't think anything had happened, but later my left arm started spasming. It went away after a few hours, but undoubtedly I pulled the muscles in the backs of my arms pretty badly, as well as in my stomach and my back. I have been extremely sore since then, and movement is just plain not fun! I just remember that day after it happened being mostly shaken up b/c of the baby. I paid very, very close attention to my stomach for quite a while, just waiting for him to move. So far, everything has been fine, but even still when I move and my stomach really hurts, it freaks me out and worries me that he's not alright. It's like this pregnancy thing is such a pain in the ass (and everywhere else), but I wouldn't give it up for the world.

On a much more exciting note, I signed TJ up for soccer today! I am so excited I could pop! He's pretty excited, too, but not nearly as excited as I am. He wanted to start today (in the pouring rain), but we have to wait till September for the season to start. We immediately went to the store and I bought him some shorts, and I will have to go get him cleats soon. I have enlisted every person I know that knows anything at all about soccer to help him get ready, even though I'm sure that if he knows what a soccer ball is, he'll know more than enough for the 4-year-old group! His first game is September 16th, so mark your calendars!

Alrighty, I guess that's enough for now. I hope you all are having a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:24 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Be careful.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    That's great about TJ. Lindsey can't wait to play. I remember when the girls first started and their team would get a little mixed up on what goal they were shooting for! It is alot of fun!

    I am glad you are okay. It is no fun to fall! Aren't you glad Trey was there?

    Nat

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Is the schedule due to the heat. I guess soccer would stop by then here. Not because it's too cold but because it's done more in summer.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I fall down a lot.