Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Holy Camole!
Okay, so Gina was raving about The Family Stone the other day, and I decided that I'd have to see it, especially since I wanted to see it anyway. She said it was a tearjerker. I also heard it had its share of laughs. Well, those are the most vague comments on a movie, EVER!

Ummm, my assumption was that someone would die at the end, and I would cry, having gotten to know and love said person throughout the movie. I had no intention of crying less than halfway through the movie, and feeling so defensive for such a mistreated character. You would have thought I was in her place I was so upset! I will say that, although it wasn't nearly as bad as this movie, the whole family treatment did remind me of when I first met Trey's family and they hadn't yet warmed up to me. As far as laughs go, there is NO way you could call this a comedy at all. Like, there were a few little laughs here and there, but overall, this was a total drama and a half.

Oh, but I really, really liked it! I would highly recommend this movie for anyone. Trey fell asleep during the first time we watched it b/c he was so tired, and it wasn't the fast, loud movie he's used to (he saw Cars this afternoon w/TJ). However, when he woke back up and saw me bawling my eyes out, he wanted to watch it again. So, here we sit at 12:46 am, and the second showing has just now finished. Such a great movie. Really.

Oh, and speaking of Cars, Trey, and TJ of course, really liked it, too. I won't go into details, since I really don't know any that well having not seen it. However, I will say that I asked Trey why he had said earlier that the ending was not what he'd expected, and he told me basically the whole movie plot (it took about half an hour). He was very animated during this telling, and remembered it very well. He made sure to tell me every joke that he found hilarious, as did the other parents in the theater. Mind you now, if you know anything about Trey, he is very to the point (not at ALL like me), and rarely tells details on anything. When I asked about the ending, I totally expected an answer such as, "Cause it was different. The car won." Something to that effect. So I'm still pretty much in shock that he went into so much detail. Says a lot about the movie. TJ also told me about it, and was able to stay awake and entertained for almost a two hour movie. So I definitely say go check it out if you feel the inkling. I think Trey highly recommends the tractor-tipping and the Piston Cup joke.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm kinda tired, and I still have to wind down and fall asleep. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:44 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm glad you wrote something since I'm up at 3 am with an upset stomach, with nothing to do. Now I have two movies I need to see. Richard and Andrew went to see Cars on Sunday, but it was sold out. I didn't care to see it, but now maybe I will.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger gina

    My kids want to see cars. i think i will send them with a babysitter. lol.

    i know, didnt you feel sorry for SJP in Stone? and didnt you love claire danes???

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I liked the first half, which was a sort of interesting film about how people prejudge other people. But then it went all WACK.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    There is no way I am going to watch that movie! I cry at any and everything now. Cars sounds good,though. I think I will take my kids.

    Thank you for the baby clothes.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Me

    I've not heard of TFS... but you've piqued my interest. I'm wondering what Kurt means when he says it went all 'wack' after the first half though... LOL.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I watched The Family Stone the other night and really didn't like it. I cried at the end, but hated Sarah Jessica Parker's character. I wanted to slap her. I guess that could be a good thing and a big, fat 'mission accomplished' for the movie, but whatever. lol! I wish I'd purchased Rumor Has It or Derailed instead. LOL!!

    We also saw Cars on Friday and I love, love, LOVE it!!!