Tuesday, June 06, 2006
and the skies opened...
And God said, "IT IS A BOY. (you know, His voice is always booming and forceful)"

Okay, so it wasn't quite like that. Actually, the visit went more like this:

"Mommy, what is she putting on your belly?"
"Whhhaaaaaaa!!!!!"
"Taryn, be quiet. TJ, that's goo. It's warm."
"Whhhhaaaaaa!!!!!"
time passes, where it is spent trying to overhear the ultrasound lady, trying to understand what in the world is in the picture, wondering if she's gonna do the color thing again (she didn't, mean ol' woman!), telling Taryn to hush, and telling TJ to sit down...
TJ gets up and tries to climb on the bed I'm on to see the baby closer. He's very, very interested in the new baby, and very interested in the pictures...well, at least until he gets bored with not knowing what we're looking at. I don't blame him, I was a bit bored, too.
"Whhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!"
"She wants to get up there with you, Christi."
"Well, she can't, she'll get all in the goo."
"This is the head."
"Oh, really? That's cool. Taryn, get down!"
"I can't get her to stay still!"
"Mommy, what's that on the tv?"
"That's his spine, TJ. No, Taryn, you can't get up here."
"Well, his measurements are good. He will be due November 4th still. We usually don't do ultrasounds until 20 weeks, and you're only at 18, so it's making this a little harder."
"Oh, sorry. Trey, can't you just put her on the floor or something? TJ, sit down. We can't walk around right now."
etc., etc....you get the picture...

Anyway, it's a boy! His first name will be Braxton, not Brock (Trey). The middle name is still up in the air, and we're pretty sure we'll stick with Pitchford for the last name. To celebrate the news, as I have done with all of my babies now, I went out tonight and bought him some clothes. It was so much fun! Of course, I made the mistake of taking Trey, who was in a grumpy ol' mood, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been. Oh well...

Anyway, that's the news for now. Hope you're all having a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:27 PM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger gina

    Congrats!!!!! on the baby/ultrasound and on the new clothes.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Congrats~

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Me

    Congrats on the boy. :) I have a friend due 1 month before you who desperately is hoping for a boy... (they have 3 girls right now). She finds out TODAY what they'll be having.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Carrie

    congratulations!!!!!!!!!


    soooo.. what did you buy????

    congrats again!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Like in Toni Braxton?

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Way to go!

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Congratulations again. Don't kill me for saying this, but I like Brock too.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger gina

    i like brock too. (ducking)

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Sadi

    Congrats!! Boys are fun!

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Christi

    Trey doesn't like Brock...he likes to annoy me by calling him that. He does it in a way that if our kid were named that, he would constantly pick on him. Besides, Brock sounds so....preppy jockish...totally not us.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Renee

    Congrats!!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger gina

    and braxton doesnt sound preppy?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That's exactly what I was thinking, Gina! I have nothing against preppy names as long as they are not overused like Caitlin or Katelyn or Kate Lynn. So I can like Braxton and Brock. :) I wish I had known Andrew would be so common when we picked it. I liked it because it was classic and Biblical.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger k8

    i got a personal phone call already everyone. so there.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    Congrats on the boy! I like both names.