Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Is it slow, or is it fast?
Okay, I swear time is going by SOOOO SLOWLY....Like, look at the top counter there. The one for the house is just crawling by, and sometimes I swear it jumps back a few days just to mess with me! This next month can't go by fast enough!

Of course, then there's the whole "You owe us money for your bills, and it's time again," thing. It never fails that the month flies by for those! I know I just paid the rent and the car payment, and it's already time to pay them again! How does it happen, huh? How can the month crawl by, and fly by? It's just not possible. I think that if I have to wait till I can move, then I should be able to wait to pay the bills! Damn time!

So we went to Summerville again yesterday to pick up some stuff my mom had to donate to our yard sale we're having Saturday. While we were there, we went to the old house, the one which we'll soon be living in (of course, only if you're going by bill time!). I'm so excited! I spent the entire drive home figuring out what to do with the living room, and I'm so ready. Check it out, the living room has a fireplace with a sad little piece of wood for the mantle, and bricks going up the entire wall. The room already is a bit on the dark side, which we plan to help by painting it a lighter color and painting the wainscoting (judges panel), that's a dark wood, a bright white. Then, what I think we should do for the fireplace is build a big mantle to go around the whole fireplace, then cover the brick with sheetrock and make it like the wall is coming out some there. I've seen it done on tv, and it looks SO awesome. It really wouldn't be that expensive, either, if we could learn how to do it ourselves. I figure we can paint the room a light color of something, I'm rooting for a light, light sage green, then paint the mantle white and the wall above it a bit darker version of what's on the walls, or else a highlight color to make it pop. Then we could put a big picture on it. Oh, it would look FANTASTIC! The only concern I have is if the added sheetrock adds too much extra depth to the existing brick wall, how to make the fireplace flush with the mantle. Any ideas, or think I need to worry? What do you think?

So anyway, afterwards, we went to dinner with my mom and Bo. We were going to do the same-ol' thing, but instead, my mom realized it was Monday, and at The Kickin' Chicken they have buy 12 wings get 12 free. It was heavenly. Their wings were SO good! I got teriyaki, Trey got jerk chicken, my mom got lemon pepper, and Bo got barbeque. We all did some trading, and my favorite by far was the lemon pepper. Unfortunately, my mom didn't want to part with all of hers, so I had to steal TJ's when he wasn't looking! What I'm really excited about is the fact that we will soon (by bill time) be living just a few blocks from a Kickin' Chicken, and we can go there every Monday, and feed the whole family for less than ten bucks! I love me some wings, especially when they're cheap!

Well, gotta go get some cheerin' up from nap time now. I hope you're having a great day, and I hope to see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:14 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger MiMi

    Lemon Pepper ROCKS!!!! I'm excited about spending Monday nights at Kickin' Chicken with y'all too!! I wish they'd hurry up and open one in N. Chuck. I don't know what I think about putting sheet rock over the bricks--they're actually the one thing that looks cool about that room, and your big mirror would look great hanging there. I do think painting the judges' panels is a very good idea. I think they would look good a light color matching the top part of the wall and then paint the top wood on the judges' panels like chair railing. But I know you already have a million ideas swirling around in your head--just remember, don't do anything retarded! Keep it somewhat conservative...

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Christi

    If by retarded, you mean neon green and hot pink...well, then you can call me RETARDED!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Retarded!

     
  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger k8

    i have some stuff for your yardsale too. when will u be by to get it?

    call me u slack chickie.

    july 12=bday 4 k8

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger gina

    wings ewwww. i know you will have a good time in CHAS>

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Darius

    "Kickn' Chicken?" Is that the one Kramer had so much trouble with?

    Hope you're far enough away not to be affected by the red light...