Thursday, May 04, 2006
The heat is on


Okay, it's set. We are moving! The lease here ends on June 30th, and my mom is letting us rent her house from her (the one she's had up for sale for over a year...not the one she lives in!). I am so excited I could BUST! I've been kinda trying to avoid saying anything, b/c I really didn't know if it was going to happen or not, as Trey's work tends to say one thing and not do it. However, last night he told me that FOR SURE they are transferring him back to Charleston this summer. He may not get to leave by the end of June, and may have to bunk at someone's house, but we will be GONE by June 30th at the latest.

I feel kinda bad, b/c I love Elise and Margaret Jane, and I really hate the thought of telling their moms that I will be leaving after only having watched their kids for six months or so. However, it's not really my choice, as Trey is our sole income. I will have to find means of income, too, of course, but I think I may have something set up already.

Oh, but as bad as I feel about telling my "bosses" the bad news, I am SO EXCITED! I called everyone I know in Chas. yesterday and told them it's set, and they were so excited, too. I have to say, that just made me that much more excited. The fact that people are looking forward to having me there just makes me so happy and feel so good! I feel so...wanted...:) !!!!!!!! Oh, and TJ will finally have some friends his age, b/c Leah will live right down the road, who's only a month younger than him. Then there's Alison, his g/f, who's just five, and Andrew, who's a little older, but...Then there's Kiernan, also five, and Mariann, somewhere in the twos. How wonderful! Of course, now I'll have to go and find Taryn some friends her age, but I'm not worried about that. She seems to think she's a two year old anyway, so she'll fit right in. Besides, baby friends are easy to find. It seems that us Methodists tend to have babies in big ol' spurts together, so surely the local UMC has some babies hidden somewhere!

Oh, I CAN'T WAIT! I'm thinking that today I'm going to go out and look for some cheap plastic boxes. You know, the storage ones that you put stuff like Christmas stuff and the like in? I've devised that if I actually really go through all our crap and get it organized in boxes like that and label them, I might get more use out of what we have and know where to find it when I need it. I'm also going to purge and hopefully have a kick-ass yard sale and make some dough to help pay for this move that we are totally unprepared for. Of course, in my mind I have time to do all of this while twenty kids are running around and the rest of the house is still calling for my attention. But hey, do I really need to clean if we are going to leave anyway!? Yeah, I know, I do, but maybe I'll slack of just a little bit...

Alright, well, someone's screaming now. I'll talk to you soon. Can you believe I'm going home!? There is a permanent smile stuck on my face now. God ROCKS! Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 10:30 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Congrats that is awesome news!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Me

    Just popped in from tbg's page and I'm glad I did. I love your part of the world... (SC) and just visited you last week when we went to Myrtle Beach (again) where we go every year since 1994.

    I am glad I got to hear your happy news... congrats as you obviously want to move back. LOL.

    We've looked into both Columbia and Charleston... you're so happy to be moving 'back' that I'll have to read more of your blog and find out why! :)

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am happy for you! I will miss seeing you at the Mom's meetings!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm bouncing around doing the happy dance with you!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Someone's screaming here too.

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    organize sounds to me like it is time to throw more of my stuff away.