Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Baby humor...
* In a three-star restaurant, it is always good form to say "excuse me" before lifting your baby above the table and sniffing his rear to discern if his diaper needs changing.
* Never discuss the contents of said diaper during a meal that involves mustard or pea soup.
* If your dinner partner can't find a waiter to bring milk for his coffee, you might raise his spirits with a joke about pumping him some. But don't press the issue...
*In bed, no matter how exhausted you may be, find time to give your spouse a long, passionate pat on the shoulder.
* Sleep-deprived though you are, include a phrase in every thank-you note that shows you remember each gift. Specify "your gift," for instance, or "that thing you sent the baby."


Ha ha ha! I found these in the free Baby Talk magazine they gave me at the doctor today. They were written by Melissa Balmain, in the March 2006 issue (just for copyright kudos). I was cracking up. Trey didn't seem to find them quite as hilarious. Mostly, he just wanted me to shut up so he could hear the tv. Whatever...

Okay, so here's the news:
Baby #3 is well on its way to meeting its new family. He/she is about 10 1/2 weeks old, give or take a couple weeks, and I have a tentative due date of November 4th. She told me that when they do the big ultrasound at 20 weeks, they'll be able to give me a more accurate date, and may change it to sometime in October. Neat, huh? I saw he/she today on the monitor, and man, was it WIGGLING! That baby was dancing all over the place! So much for this one being more calm, eh? My mom always did want me to have 12 kids just like me, so I guess 3 might suffice. There was a nursing student following my midwife today, and she was in there with us. She said I was funny. Undoubtedly, when you strip me nude and put metal things into my nether-regions it brings out the hilarity in me! Whoda thunk it! Of course, I have been told that before, and of course, when stripped and lying on a table in paper napkins (which, on my larger than tiny self, is exactly what they feel like!).

So, everything is good w/the baby. Even my nausea and morning sickness is calming down. It's almost time to go into the next phase of fun and glowingness. Hooray! I didn't realize I was so far along, but that's cool. I'm just that much closer, and that means that I didn't even have to be sick for the whole first three months! Yippee! Oh, and please go here (if it doesn't take you right to it, the name of the game is 'thirdonesacharm') and make a guess about the baby. You can guess when it will be born, how much it will weigh, how long, all that stuff. I'm trying right now to think of a kick-ass prize for the winner! Yeah, so the end of the game is a little far off, but still...

I have other news, like how much fun the kids had at Alison's birthday party Sunday, and you must see how messy they got. I'll have to tell you all about that later, though. Right now my leftover sub from yesterday is screaming at me to eat it before I gnaw off my arm. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:40 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Cara

    OMG!! I didn't know that you were pregnant!! Congratulations!! You can have her/him on my birthday November 7th!! Good luck, I hope everything works out great!;)

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown

    lmao those are great

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Asaph's Table

    Loved your tips on baby/diaper ettiquete at a 3-star!
    Saw you like Breaking Ben-- they're actually from my local area in PA.
    Oh yeah, BTW, congrats!!!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Carrie

    wow!! that IS a nice surprise, huh??? you're almost out of the first trimester!!!

    Glad everything is doing well.... you got on your prenatals, right???


    either way.. here's to a quick and sick-free next 7 months!