Monday, March 20, 2006
Lesson learned....
Or, uhhh, being learned, maybe....

So, Saturday, I learned all about being careful what you ask for. Since Taryn was born, I've been quite set on the idea of having three, that two just seems so...even. I figured when she was around two or so, I'd get Trey to knock me up again, and we'd have a happy little fivesome in the house. Of course, I never specified out loud when this plan was to take place, just that I was going to have three, and that was that. Trey only wants two, but I guess he'll have to just change that dream...

I've been sick to my stomach and very tired for the last week or two. I was thinking it was withdrawal from caffiene and my anti-depressant, b/c I haven't been feeling like drinking coffee lately. Consequently, I take my pill with my morning coffee, and when I didn't drink my coffee, I would forget to take my pill. So I wasn't expecting anything when I, jokingly, went in the bathroom Saturday night to play with the pregnancy test I had in there from a while back (and no, it was far from expired--I've actually gotten it since Taryn was born). I was lying on the couch watching tv after the kids went to bed (which I should have just cherished and kept doing, b/c I saw no more tv that night after that!), and started thinking about how I got sick around the same time every evening, just like when I was pregnant. So I ran to the bathroom to have some fun. Yeah, except it wasn't quite as fun or funny as I had envisioned it. At first there was just the one pink line, and I was like, "Yep, just what I expected." Then I glanced back, and there, within millimeters of the other pink line, sat a thin, light pink line, creeping in ever so slowly. At first, it was so faint that I thought surely it just showed up b/c the test had gotten wet. Then it got darker and darker, till it was almost as dark as the other line. It was about that moment that it hit me what was happening, and I immediately began to shake and feel the need to puke rise up in my throat. I'm not a puker by nature (unless I'm piss-ass drunk), but I have no problem dry-heaving, which I did. This was surely not a planned thing, and something I was not ready to see on that little cheap-ass test.

So, since I couldn't reach Trey at work, Julia was so kind as to talk to me for a while and help me calm down. Once he called me back, he said, "Hmmm, okay, hmmm..." That's about it.

Of course now, I spend my mental time trying to think of names. I'm determined that if it's a boy, he will be Braxton, and if a girl I'm thinking perhaps Bella. I like that name. I'm thinking Bella Jaymeson, and I have no idea what for a middle name for a boy. What do you think? I have no due date yet, and I guess technically I'm not 100% sure I'm pregnant. I can't think of anything else that would produce such results on a pregnancy test, but hey, who knows.

Anyway, just wanted to share the news. I've never been one to wait till it's safe, so there's no telling if I'll come back at some point with bad news. Only time will tell, and God knows what's best, so....

I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 7:24 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    It's so sweet of you to honor Toni Braxton this way.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Frances

    Congratulations!

    I'm losing track of how old Taryn is, but from my reckoning it'll be a great age gap.

    Braxton? Ummmmm... just don't give him Hicks as a middle name, please? ;-)

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Congratulation, my dear!! I've been wondering when the news would be out on here. Now for that teeny tiny part of me that wants to have another baby, I will live vicariously through you.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Christi

    Toni is my mom's cousin...no, really...okay, not really, but we've always told people that!

    Taryn is just nine months now, and I'm guessing she'll be about 17-18 mos. by then. A tad bit too close for me, but it'll work, I'm sure.

    Julia, you can borrow any of mine anytime you need to squelch that thought!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Apparently, planned or not, congratulations are in order.

    Since you don't seem to like even numbers, if you have another suprise, then you'll have to go for five. There's no telling where this could end up. :)

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph

    Hi- just reading for the first time. Well, congrats! My first two boys are 17 months apart and altho it wasn't planned that way, it is the BEST THING EVER! They are like twins, honestly- and are inseparable. This is great for everyone involved- constant playmates!!! Hope it is the same for you!

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Brandi1977

    CONGRATS! I am so happy for you ;)

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger gina

    oh Lord. no more babysitting for you. two is my limit! HA HAHA HA .

    congratulations. i know you can handle it :)

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Carrie

    wow!! CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTI!!!!


    what wonderful news; I'm thrilled and will pray for your entire family!

    wonderful!