Sunday, February 19, 2006
I am SOOO partied out!
Yesterday is over. Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong, it was so much fun, but man, I am POOPED!

We had TJ's 3rd birthday party yesterday (yes, his bday is Jan. 7th, but I like to take my time...). It was a success, or so I'd like to think. The theme was pirates, and I did my best to follow it well. I ran out of time to do half the stuff I wanted to do, but in retrospect, I think I had planned way too much stuff to do anyway. Of course, the weather decided that the ONE day in the WHOLE week it would be REALLY COLD AND RAINY would be yesterday, and only yesterday. Oh well, no playing outside. Never fear, though, b/c we have a large new playroom that got plenty of use out of it yesterday!

So we got the cake just in time, and when Trey got it, the top wouldn't stay down. We settled with it, and he put it on the table. It was out maybe an hour or so, and within that time it started to fall apart. I am none too pleased at this, especially after I paid so much for it, and plan to take pictures with me to Publix tomorrow to complain. Perhaps this was supposed to be a shipwrecked pirate ship!I have to say, though, the cake was delicious and moist, and I made myself sick on it today!

We had about 30 people total at the party, about ten of them kids. That worked out PERFECTLY, since I had exactly ten treat bags for them. I got the little colored lunch sacks from Wal-Mart and TJ and I stuck pirate stickers on them to decorate them. I put a patch, an earring, a necklace, ugly teeth, chocolate gold coins, ring pops, a pirate tattoo, and a looky-loo (I have no idea what they're called) in each one. That way, no one could get away with not being a pirate! I also had plenty of extra pirate stuff, like bandanas, hooks, patches, hats, etc. around for the adults. Some played along,








some didn't,



which is to be expected...Taryn did, though, and she was SOOOOO cute!

TJ would not play along, and I actually had to have someone hold him down and threatened to not let him come to his own party just to put the belt on him! You probably can't even see it in this picture, but catching him, as you'll see later, was not an easy thing to do yesterday!

We had a treasure hunt, which was fun and surprised me, b/c a lot of the kids really stuck it out and found all their pieces. When they filled up their card (there were little puzzle-type pieces they had to find), they got to go in the treasure box (which I proudly made!) and pick out candy and a prize. I had fifteen prizes in the box, and not even ten kids playing, so I'm still trying to figure out how so many disappeared?









Later, we did a pinata, and that was pretty cool. Those kids can really hit!











I think we may have done the cake somewhere in there, but I don't really remember. After the pinata we had TJ open presents. He opened one, then ran off. We all thought he was coming right back. He had gone into the playroom to find more candy from the pinata, and could have cared less about opening presents! He had to be physically carried back to the living room, kicking and screaming, to finish opening his gifts! Tell me that's not messed up! That kid has a serious problem with candy addiction, and it makes me sad to think he might need to go to rehab by the time he's four! That kid ate enough candy to fill ten kids' Halloween bags! When I went to put him to bed last night, I held him down for a few minutes before, and you could feel the sugar racing through his veins. I don't even think there was room for blood...he couldn't have stopped moving if he'd tried (of course, once in bed, he was asleep in minutes!)!








I think everyone had a pretty good time. I made authentic pirate foods, coconut balls, sweet potato bread, and honey cakes. They were all edible, but not very good. I'm guessing that's why pirates were so mean--they were fed horribly!A veggie tray was put in later. Note the cantaloupe ship.

Since I didn't offer up a whole tasty smorgasboard (sp?) of food, we were all quite hungry afterwards, and a bunch of us went out for Mexican, still dressed in our pirate garb. That was fun. It felt a little weird getting strange looks from people, but it definitely made for a fun evening! When we went home, Julia and kids and Mike slept over and the adults watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Not only do I not care for Angelina or Brad now, after what they did to Jennifer, but the movie sucked! Please, save your money if you were thinking of renting it and rent Willy Wonka (the old version) instead. Now that's a great movie! I'm telling you, all the imagination in the world couldn't have helped make that movie any better.

Needless to say, I'm tired now. That's why not a stinking one of us did ANYTHING but lay around and take turns taking naps all day. It was GREAT! Tomorrow we clean. Igh! I hope you had a great weekend, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:39 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger k8

    was there any booty at the party? pirate booty i mean.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Unknown

    There was lots of booty. It was pillaged.

    You did a great job on the party. I'm sorry about the way I had to run out like that in the middle of the night. Alison finally went to sleep around 8:00 am. I think she had an ear infection, which seems to be gone after I treated it with herbal things once I got home. She cried for Daddy the whole ride home! :(

    Do you have picture of Trey with his nasty teeth, bull ring, and eye patch? That's what I want to see!

    Yeah, Mr. and Mrs. Smith sucked, but it had Angelina Jolie, so they guys were happy and that's all that mattered right?

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I want a pirate party.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    The original Willy Wonka is the superior film.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Renee

    How fun! The cake looks great. Very cute pics. I can't get over how big the kids are getting!:)

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Christi

    Yeah, tell me about it, Renee! I just realized today that Taryn's first birthday party is in less than four months now! Igh!

    Alan, I am 100% on your side there!

    Kurt, TJ keeps telling me that Daddy and I are going to have a pirate party for our birthdays, too. Taryn gets a frog party, though (???). Soooo, perhaps I can convince him to let YOU have the pirate party instead, and I'll just skip mine altogether...really.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger gina

    whos the hot guy holding your dog? can i get a hook-up??

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    What a great party! Damn that is alot of kids all in one room!

    Happy Birthday TJ!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Pirates are for real.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cara

    Looks like the party was a big hit!! I'm sure that everyone had a ball!!

    I'm planning D's 3rd birthday for next weekend.. And I'm tired already!!

    I hope you get some rest!;) Good luck on the clean up... That's the worst part of parties!!

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger jungle jane

    ahahahah great party - the cake is fantastic even if the boat was sinking.

    i didn't know that pirates ate sweet potato and coconut - i thought they feasted on virgins?