Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Things are coming together.....sorta....
Yesterday I started babysitting another little baby. This one is a little boy that's two days older than Taryn. He feels like a newborn, though, he's so little! He has just learned to sit up on his own, but falls over a lot. However, I have a good feeling that he will start progressing in leaps and bounds the more he comes here (on Tues. and Thurs.). He won't be able to stand just lying there while all the other babies are on the move. As of now, and hopefully to stay this way, I am watching three extra kids on Tues. and Thurs.. However, they are kinda staggered, so it's really not that bad. I still have the one from Tues. to Fri.. She's proving to be a handful lately, b/c she's started testing her limits all of a sudden, and I swear I just want to scream sometimes when she does something over and over again that I've told her not to do (and physically removed her from, etc.). Her mom asked me about it today, and I told her I thought that maybe it was just me thinking negatively b/c I've been feeling bad lately, but she reassured me it's her in her new phase. Not liking this one for sure!

Speaking of babies, Taryn is so close to walking it hurts. She now stands by herself for longer and longer periods each day. She can't do it that well yet, but that doesn't stop her from trying to take steps whenever she is standing anyway. It's only a short matter of time now....please pray for me! Oh, and she also takes much enjoyment in crawling up steps now, particularly the concrete ones out to the playroom! Oy vey!

So I've planned most everything I need to now, and set dates for it all. Now I have deadlines, and I have to get on the ball to get them done. I have a Bunco night planned for the mom's night out for the mom's group Gina runs that I go to. I have a pirate birthday party for TJ planned. I also have to help out with a bridal shower, which I need to call about, and one other thing. This is fun. I just wish I had more time to devote to everything so I could make them all perfect. I've told Trey a few times I wish we could start a party planning business. I don't know how well I do at these things, but it sure is fun getting ready for them nonetheless. I'm still pretty proud of our wedding that I did, even though it didn't turn out quite like I had planned. I learned that night a LOT about delegating, and not assuming that everyone else is reading your mind!

Anyway, must get back to work, then off to bed. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 8:50 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Party planning! What a great idea!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger gina

    still doing the route at night?
    thanks for planning the moms night out. that is a huge load of our minds- too much to do. notice we "delegated"? lol.
    it will be fun.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Parties are fun.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Carrie

    hey babe!!! so do you need the rules or what?

    I can send you the inviations I made for an example, or do you already have your group?


    I suppose I could just e-mail you, huh??


    I'm sad you and Gina are going to Asheville.. I was TOTALLY planning to crash your party if you were in Charlotte! :(

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger k8

    why are the kids staggering? what did you make them drink? benadryl?