Tuesday, January 03, 2006
The ultimate!
It's the ultimate in cuteness! Last night, Taryn was in a dead sleep, and at the same time she was saying, "Da-da, Da-da, Da-da..." It was SOOOOO ADORABLE!!! Poor, poor Trey. That's three people he has to live with now that talk in their sleep! She's starting quite early, I might add...

So, this weekend my friend Ashley got married. It was an awesome wedding! I took lots of pictures (130) so that I would have plenty to pick from. I thought, "Surely at least one of these has me looking decent enough to show to people!" Ashley was stunningly gorgeous, as usual, and the drinks were free-flowing. I was supposed to be the designated driver, but ummm, that didn't happen. I had big plans to drink just a couple of drinks, but undoubtedly 'open bar' means 'just too good to pass up' to me! Thankfully, my marvelous date, Julia, did a noble thing and offered to be the new designated driver. I owe her SO BIG! I hope my illicit drinking didn't ruin her night!

Other than drinking, I spent the night making sure to take plenty of pics so I could post them on the internet and look cool. I wanted some kind of proof that I actually do leave the house and have friends....okay, so I paid them, but still...It was really cool to get to hang out with some old friends from high school. I thought there would be more of them there, but I'm sure that would have been overkill, so...

Afterwards, we went to AC's, the bar that Ashley and Will first met at (he was a bartender there). The bartender that I had talked to while at the wedding was working there, and he hooked me up with another drink, while my brother, his friend Randy and his g/f Devon, and Julia all split carbombs (a yummy concoction of a glass of Guinness, with a shot of whiskey and Bailey's that you drop into it and then chug-a-lug!). This will definitely get you drunk fast! Oh, but I do love my Guinness! I met lots of fun people, including some that I have known for many years, and it was tons of fun! We counted down to the new year there at the bar, and I kissed every cheek (I stress CHEEK) I could get my lips on! Yeah, who needs chapstick when you can kiss greasy cheeks! I called Trey, whom I felt SOOO sorry for, b/c he had to work and do my paper route. He's such a good hubby! I told him to kiss someone too, but I don't think he did as he was told.

The only other highlight of the night was when my brother and his friend found cigarette ashes in their water at the Huddle House, and yelled at the waitress. That was nice and humiliating!



Oh, and I'm so glad I bailed as a bridesmaid (couldn't afford it). All of the bridesmaids were skinny and beautiful, and I would have been the fat one. Plus, the dresses were strapless, so my tattoos would have hung out for the whole world to see (and you know how old people can be about the Grim Reaper peeking out from bridesmaids' dresses!).

Have a great day! I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:17 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Yeah, Huddle House was the low point of the evening. I feel better looking at Ashley's picture. She was gorgeous in real life, but looks kind of weird in the pictures. I look weird in my picture, so maybe I looked better than that for real too. I had so much fun. Thank you for bringing me along!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Oh, and you have to show the picture where you and Jimmy look like twins!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Christi

    He took that one, so I have to get it from him first. That should be quite the challenge, since he has no way of downloading them on his computer!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Afterwards, we went to AC's, the bar ...

    I never saw you, and I resent you calling my place a bar. :)

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger k8

    my, what gorgeously shaped and even teeth you have my dear!

    you bite the big one for getting to party with real adult peoples.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    these are some great pictures christi. you did a good job.