Thursday, December 29, 2005
A yummy sandwich...
Well, maybe not so yummy...Lately, I feel like a teaspoon of peanut butter that's left at the bottom of the jar. There are tons of starving people just waiting to gobble me up, and the bread is free-flowing. I am spread so thin, you can hardly even see me when you open the bread (of course, that's not true, b/c I really seem to be GAINING weight, thus making me far from unseen!). My jar is almost empty, and it's not looking like there will be a new jar to refill for those sandwiches...Here I go!!!!!!

Here's the situation, for those of you new to my new life. I am currently working three jobs. When I wake up in the morning at 7:30 am, I greet two small children, one of which is four, and has a tendency to be a little, ummm, rambunctious. They leave anywhere from 1 to 3 on a regular day. I'm 'off' for a few hours then (b/c surely my kids disappear when they leave, right!) to do household chores and run errands. Lately, it seems like everyday I have somewhere I have to go. Today, in about 45 min., I have to take Taryn to the dr. and turn in my garage button to our old apt. The kids just left about ten minutes ago. At 7:45 I put the kids to bed, which sucks, b/c Taryn cries, and TJ refuses to stay in bed. Then, at 8, I start my stay-at-home job for an hour or two. If Trey's off, I will work b/t four to eight hours at this. I try to be in bed by 10:30-11, after seeing Trey for a few minutes (and sometimes practicing for the next conception!), and then wake up again at 2:30 am. I rush off to my next job, as a newspaper deliverer. I just started that this week, and it's actually quite fun. I went from taking three hours to get the papers out two nights ago, to an hour and a half last night! I'm so proud of me! I get home from that at about 6 am or so, and try to sleep until 7:30 when it starts all over again. Now tell me that isn't tons of fun!

I'm waiting as patiently as possible for next week. The little boy I watch is going back to school, and I'll just have his little sister. She's pretty easy, and easygoing. That will make things a LOT easier. When he's here, he seems to bring out all of the bad things in TJ I never knew existed. If I never hear someone tattle about nothing again, I won't be sad at all. Of course, I think I just dug my grave, b/c not two seconds ago, a woman who called me the other day about watching her three kids set it up for me to watch them for a couple of hours on Monday while she and her hubby go house hunting. If that works, I may be watching three little boys on top of the little girl I already watch and my two kids. Ummm, could someone tell me what the hell is wrong with me!!!???? I really was planning to just tell her I can't do it, but I guess I'll see how Monday goes before I make a final decision. She just seems so thrilled to have someone to watch them, I would feel bad saying no (especially when I could really use the money). I'm pretty sure that with all of this work, I will make the money I need to get by, and perhaps a little more. That will help since Trey is about to die b/c our tv died a few days before Christmas, and we are using a 19" one right now. You would think the man was blind or something. It's like it's not possible for him to have such a small tv for our actual tv. He spends all of his extra time looking online for good deals....So maybe if I get a little ahead, we can get him a new one sometime in the future. Not my top priority right now, though....

I do have to say that Trey has been my saving grace lately. He gladly (or at least acted that way) got up this morning and watched the kids for me when they got here so I could sleep a couple extra hours. I know he hates it, especially since he really doesn't like that little boy, but he did me such a BIG favor. He also helped out on Monday for a couple hours so I could do the work-at-home job and take a shower. He's riding with me tonight on the newspaper route to learn it, so he can do it for me on Saturday night, as I will be out of town at a wedding. It's 7 days a week/365 days a year, so you have to find someone to replace you if you can't do it. Originally, though, the idea was that we would split it and both do it, so that should help out a lot when he kicks in. Then we'll just BOTH be tired! Trey is such a good man, though, and he doesn't even know how much I appreciate even the little things he does.

Needless to say, if there are any of you still out there reading (I've noticed my numbers have dropped tremendously), I'm sorry if I'm not around quite as much as I was, and don't have as much interesting stuff to talk about. I am still trying diligently to keep up on your blogs as often as possible, and am about halfway successful. I do love reading all of the wonderful stuff you write!

Hopefully I'll be back soon. Until then, you have a great day, and I'll see you !
 
posted by Christi at 2:42 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Melodee

    You are one busy woman!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Gee, and I was just complaining about how much I have to do. My schedule is not half as full as yours.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I never come to your blog anymore.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    What you need is a hobby for your spare time. ;)

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger Cara

    Now I see why you've been away!! No wonder!! I hope you find time to rest... Or like miss gigglypants said.. Open a daycare!! Happy New Year!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger k8

    you are good enough, you are smart enough, and DOGGONIT people like you.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    That is alot going on. Good luck with all the kiddos. Maybe you can give up one of the jobs if you have enough kids during the day to make up the money!