Sunday, January 01, 2006
Welcome 2006...

The new year is upon us, and as it is customary to address this event, I shall do so here.

I've thought a lot about what I plan for 2006. I fully understand that what I plan means absolutely zip in the grand scheme of things, since I have absolutely no control over what goes on in my life. I am, however, convinced that this year as a whole will be tons better than the last two years, and that things will definitely look up for us and start toward a positive direction. Maybe Trey will get his promotion finally. Maybe we'll be able to pay all of our bills for a month and actually have a surplus. Maybe I'll be able to work out my new jobs and manage to end up with a somewhat normal and settled life for a while. Who knows, but I just feel like it is going to go much better this year.

Of course, as part of the tradition every year, we are supposed to think of some goals we would like to accomplish, and start working toward those ends. We all know how that goes. Aside from having a better and more settled year, I really don't have any set ambitions. So what I've decided to do is to make a list of all of the things I'm quite sure I don't want to accomplish this year, and perhaps I can succeed at that! Here goes:

2006 Non-Resolutions


1. I don't want to buy a house.
2. I don't want to lose said house to foreclosure.
3. I don't want to claim bankruptcy.
4. I don't want to gain five pounds.
5. I don't want to have an affair.
6. I don't want to wreck my car.
7. I don't want to go the whole year w/o going shopping for new clothes for me.
8. I don't want to waste time on the small stuff like cleaning the house when
there's more important life-changing stuff out there to do.
9. I don't want my computer to die.
10. I don't want a dog.

There, ten should do it. Yes, that's good for now. I'll update my non-resolutions later. I think I can accomplish not doing these things, I hope.

I went to a wedding last night, and I'm sure that once I'm recuperated from it, I'll tell you all about it! Hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:21 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger gina

    i want to buy a house... sigh...... but where??? who knows....
    good luck on the others. they seem obtainable.

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger Jana

    I love the non-resolution idea!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    ahh i see where this is going. you want a big screen tv huh? well gotta go walk the new dog ahh iah mean fish i gotta walk the fish.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Kurt

    You can not do it!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You're so wise to keep your goals attainable. I like your idea better than mine, which was to just not make any.