Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Somebody STAHP me!
I just want to settle, really. I'm tired of running around!

So, I'm so far behind, but TJ's third birthday was Saturday. I'm officially the mother of a three year old now. It's cute to hear him say how old he is. He says, "I'm fa-lee oars old now." Then he holds up his whole hand, all five fingers. I've been trying to teach him how to just hold up three, and it's so cute to see his little fingers all over the place! To celebrate his birthday, we went to 'Old MacDonald's' and he used his five bucks he got from Mimi to buy a happy meal and some ice cream. We took his friend Jacob and they ran rampant through the restaurant and played on the playground thing outside for a while. The best moment was when TJ and Jacob went to the bathroom all by themselves, and when TJ was finished, he came running out through McD's yelling, "MOMMMY! I CAN'T PULL UP MY PANTS!!!" Yep, that's right, he ran through the restaurant flinging freely. I'm pretty sure you've never seen a lobster turn as red as I did at that moment. You would know that a large crowd of people would be making their way into the place at that exact moment...Ahhh, the joys of potty training!



So, Sunday was the family reunion. It was nice to see everyone again, since I haven't been in a couple of years now. I was a little disappointed, though, since we drove about two hours to get there, and everyone just kinda ate, hung out for a minute, and left. However, Grandma saved the day when she pulled out a bunch of pictures from the past. Man, that was fun to look at! I need to hook up my scanner, so I can show you a pic I found from when I was 17. I was SOOOO SKINNY then! I thought I was fat at the time, and now I just want to go back and slap myself! Of course I had no boobs, but I'd give these babies up any day to go back to being able to wear normal sized clothing!

Okay, so I had a thought on Sunday as well. As these are rare things for me (thoughts), I thought I'd try my best to remember it. So, my grandaddy has Alzheimer's, right. Grandma was showing pics of this cruise they went on years and years ago where they hypnotized Grandaddy and made him act like a stripper and something else. Now, if you know the first thing about my grandaddy, he might know what a stripper is, but it is VERY doubtful that he would act like one in front of people (well, then at least!). Supposedly, he sat on some guy's lap and played with his hair or something...So my thought was, "What if he could be hypnotized again and they could pull all of his functioning mind back out?" This, of course, would be assuming that he still has any functioning mind or memory left at all. I really don't understand Alzheimer's at all, and my guess is that neither do the experts. I looked online and couldn't find anything that said that it either works or doesn't, but Trey assured me that surely someone has already thought of this before. So, I'm to assume, then, that it wouldn't work, or it'd be all over the place that it does. Nevertheless, I can't get the thought out of my mind. What do you think about it?

Okay, Taryn won't stop crying everytime I leave the room, so I guess I'd better run. I hope you have a fantastic day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:39 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Happy belated birthday to TJ! I didn't realize it was so soon or I would have called him!

    I think Trey's probably right, but then, what do I know? Maybe nobody has tried it before, and it could miraculously help him. In other words, I have no clue.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Of course I had no boobs, but I'd give these babies up any day to go back to being able to wear normal sized clothing!

    I'll bet there's at least one dissenting opinion in the house!!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger LK

    That story of TJ's pants in MD's is so funny. Hope he had a great day and also the parents of the three year old.

    Your thoughts on Alzheimers and hyptonizing is quite interesting. I know someone who got the first symptoms at about 40-45, she's now 60 and has a very advanced case which is quite sad. The thing is that hypotism is something you do to the mind and the mind is what is affected in alzheimers so I'm not sure it would work but you've got me thinking about it now too.

    ps. Happy new year to you and your family.