Saturday, January 07, 2006
Just five, huh?
K8 did this to me!

"The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits of yourself and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals."

1. I have to do everything in fives or odd numbers. I'm OCD to the max about it. When I am sitting still, I will tap on my legs in odd sets. I click my teeth together in odd sets. I tap the air in odd sets. I walk in odd sets. I must wake up on a multiple of five, or I have to wait till it comes before I get out of bed. If I miss it, I must wait till the next multiple of five....You get the picture?

2. When I am driving, I must have my hands at ten and two at all times (except when I have to move them to count an odd set, which I do regularly!). This is not b/c I think it's safer, it's b/c there are two tiny little holes in the steering wheel there, and my middle finger must be covering them at all times. In my last car, they were at the bottom, around four and eight, so I had to have my hands there.

3. I have imaginary conversations with people all day, everyday. They are usually arguments. When I was in high school, I didn't like preps, and it was evident they didn't like me. Even though I rarely ever talked to them, I would argue with them in my mind all the time. I would imagine that they would come up to me and say something mean. I would have the perfect comeback. Of course, in real life it never happened, and no measure of imaginary preparedness could have gotten me to ever have a good comeback, but...Now, while Trey's at work, I have them with him, which sometimes helps to get my frustrations with him out of my system w/o even having to address them!

4. I can't stand for my clothes to be crooked. I spend entire days readjusting them to sit just right. I have a pair of jeans that turns a little bit on one leg when I sit down, and it drives me NUTS (yet, they're my favorite pair of jeans!). I spend the entire day turning it back to the right place. I pull down my shirts to where they belong, ALL DAY! If something moves out of place, I immediately feel it, and will drop a baby if necessary to fix it!

5. I have to smell EVERYTHING! I also have to feel stuff. When I walk through stores, you will commonly see me stopping to touch every shirt hanging along the outside of the clothing aisles. I can't just smell one candle w/o smelling them all. I must smell my food before I eat it. I smell my fingers throughout the day (for what reason, I have no idea). I touch people's hair and clothes out of the blue, w/o asking first, even when I don't know them. What scares me most is that I commonly see TJ doing similar things as he dawdles along behind me in stores!

Okay, upon reading this, I'm beginning to think I've got some serious sensory issues. These, of course, are not the only things that are weird about me. It would be much easier to list the things that are not strange about me, which I doubt would reach five. I get to tag now, and I pick Gina, Julia, Kurt, Cara and Jillian. Do play along. I'm really interested to see what you have to say!

Later!
 
posted by Christi at 4:45 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger k8

    ooooh, smelling your fingers??! I dunno if I can be yer friend anymore.


    I think Kurt should have Todd do his.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Christi

    Yes, and Todd is tagged, too!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger gina

    good thing i like weirdos!

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Odd eh? I tend to like to even things out. Touch something with my left hand, and I'm tempted to touch it with my right.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I didn't know all that about you! I have imaginary conversations a lot. What's bad is sometimes my lips start moving, and people ask me what I said because they thought I was talking to them.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I do 3 all the time.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kurt

    that last one was me.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I did it too!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Carrie

    I'm definitely the 'imaginary conversation girl" as well.... I'm ALWAYS coming up with snappy comebacks in my shower..... I tell you; my shampoo is in awe of my skillz! ;)

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Melodee

    I totally do this: "I must wake up on a multiple of five, or I have to wait till it comes before I get out of bed. If I miss it, I must wait till the next multiple of five....You get the picture?" But I think we already talked about that!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Turtle Guy

    Nasty habits? You bet we all have them! One of mine is... um... talking. A friend of mine said to me the other day "I've never met anyone who talks as much as you do!" Another friend pointed out that I took 2 1/2 minutes on his answering machine to eventually say "whatcha doin?"

    Enjoyed your read!

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Cara

    Nice!! VERY interesting!! Your list, not the tag!! lol I will do this in a few days.. I'm not really in the mood right now.. I have a throat infection, an ear infection, a sinus infection & I'm severely dehydrated... Maybe when my shot kicks in I'll be much more obliged, and in a more writing humor!! Have a good one!!