Saturday, January 14, 2006
Ahhhh....

Okay, so there's Patrick Dempsey, only the hottest man alive. Yes, yes. He's Dr. McDreamy (aka-Derek Shephard) on the show Grey's Anatomy. If you're not watching this show, then, well, you have problems, and they're much bigger than you think. So anyway, he also played in one of my favorite movies from the 80's, Can't Buy Me Love. He was hot then, even though he played a nerd, and seemed to not be considered hot. Go figure.

There's a point to this, really...

So, in the movie, he played a nerd who really wanted to be popular. He ended up paying the most popular girl at school a BUTTLOAD of money to pretend she was his girlfriend for a couple of weeks. Surprise, surprise, he became popular. End of story, right? Wrong. While he's taking his rise to fame, he ignores his once best friends, who also happen to be a bit on the nerdy side. Sure, he says hi and offers to hang out (although he never quite makes it), but he ditches them for the most part, especially when there's something better to be doing with the cool and popular people. Sad, really. The worst part is that in the end, when the cool people find out what really happen, even though they've been best buds all this time, they ditch him like a bad habit.

So, have you ever been Ronald (Dempsey)? Have you ever been the nerdy friends? Have you ever been the cool guys? I feel like the nerdy friends right now. Do tell me your story if you've ever been one of these people, b/c I'd love to hear it.

Oh, and I also need your help with a few matters. I'm helping plan a bridal shower for a friend of mine, and I want it to rock. The first part will be girly and 'demure', as I was told. The second half will be filled with alcohol, and be a pretty much bachelorette party. I'm much more eager to plan the second half, in case you couldn't figure it out! Any ideas to help?

Also, I'm planning TJ's bday party. It's going to be treasure hunt/pirate themed. Any ideas?

Also, I'm planning a mom's night out for Gina's mom's group. Any ideas for a fun and unique place to go?

I'm sure there's more, but I think that's enough for now. Have a great day, talk to you later! I can't wait to hear your stories and ideas!
 
posted by Christi at 10:51 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I've been the nerdy friend and the cool kid. I have been mean a couple times, but then I hated myself for it. In fact, just a couple days ago I made a joke at someone else's expense, and only after realized what a jerk I was, and wondered if I'm really that lacking in confidence that I have to put someone else down. Usually I'm pretty sensitive about being kind and welcoming to everyone because I have been the nerdy kid, and I know how it feels. Why do you feel like the nerdy friend right now, or can you not say on here?

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger gina

    OOOOH i like echo's idea.
    maybe try family fun for tj's party? they have a lot of pirate stuff at party city- oh wait, didnt you take something back there and already get pirate stuff? seems like i heard that.
    you could have a sandbox or baby pool and hide plastic lizards or bugs in it...? have everyone dress up in pirate gear? umm.. i am reaching here.
    girls night out?? HA HA thanks for volunteering. obviously we are no good at it cause no one ever comes.
    btw, i like nerds better than "cool".

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Cara

    Oh, I'm so into Grey's Anatomy!! Dr. McDreamy is definitly a hottie!!
    Good luck with the bridal shower, I recommend the Passion Party also!! That's always a good laugh!!
    For TJ, have you tried Oriental Trading?? That's where I'm getting Dawson's Thomas the Train party stuff!! BirthdayExpress.com is a good site too!! Good luck!!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Pirate-themed parties rock. Suggestions:

    1. no hooks!

    2. parrot pinata (wear double eyepatches and hit pinata with plastic sword only)

    3. peg leg races

    4. Absolutely no swashbuckling in the house.