Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Blue Bear
We are now a family of five. Yes, you read correctly. No, I am not pregnant.

Let me just make this absolutely clear before I go on. I am NOT a dog person. I repeat, NOT a dog person. That said, I do love Trey, although he makes me work sometimes at it, and want to do anything to make him happy. He is in a slump lately, and has been sad since our dog, Buddy (a black lab), ran away a few years back. I did like Buddy, although he made me work at liking him as well on most days. Anyway, the opportunity arose the other day to get a free full-blooded black lab puppy, with shots even, and I agreed. Like I said, even though he doesn't seem to think so, I love him enough to put up with a dog. I said something really funny on the way home from getting him, "Now, Trey, you know, this is your dog, and you will be responsible for him." Yeah, once it was out of my mouth, it was all I could do to stifle the uncontrollable laughter that was rising in my throat! He is a cutie, though. TJ wasn't too fond of him at first, but now he loves him dearly (although he's still a cat person like his mommy), and wants to go outside all the time to play with him (which consists of him running around while the dog chases him and tries to bite his butt. Taryn liked him at first, but once he'd humped her a few times and licked her face repeatedly, she decided that he's really not for her, and cries now everytime he comes near her. She is, however, extremely fond of his food, and at this very moment trying desperately to have a snack of it. TJ named him Blue, after Blues Clues (yes, I know Blue is a girl). Believe me, though, I much prefer Blue to TJ's other choices, which were Taryn, TJ, and Dora. His other name is Bear, which is after Julia's dog Bear that she had growing up, and whom is the only I've ever really liked.


Oh, and check this out. I am now watching a little boy that's two days older than Taryn, which I think I may have mentioned before. He is SOOOO much smaller than her! He's not a whole lot shorter, but oh man, just look how skinny he is!Just look at those tiny little arms and hands! Those socks he's wearing are Taryn's. I put them on her earlier, and they went about half way up her leg. They went past his knee! (yes, I see that mine is missing a sock, which is good, b/c usually she's gotten both of them off w/in seconds!) Oh, and if you look closely, you can see Taryn's two new teeth, which the dentist gave her a toothbrush for yesterday (at TJ's appt.).

Oh, one more thing. TJ put on his pants all by himself today. YAAAA! We've been working hard on getting him to GROW UP! He just did it w/out even being asked! So, accordingly, I took a proud Momma pic!Like, what's up with the face?

I am sorry that I haven't been around more lately. I will try harder. I must go now. Do have a great day, and I'll see you soon (hopefully!).
 
posted by Christi at 5:41 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Oh my that is alot. All those kids plus a new puppy you are brave!

    Taryn is getting so big!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Kurt

    Dog!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger mrhaney

    well your husband is one lucky guy. i wish what happened to him would happen to me. i like german sheperds but i would not mind a lab. i know that dog will make him happy. good luck with the dog.

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    This blog is going to the dogs. :)

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Blue is so cute! I'm with mrhaney on Trey being a lucky guy. I want another dog, but Richard doesn't. I suppose I could harrass him until he agrees, but then there's the aftermath.

    Yeah, TJ, for putting on his own pants!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger gina

    hopefully we will meet blue soon, even though collin is a little pissed at you right now, saying you have never even "liked" another dog. humpff! that is your own nephew too
    lol

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown

    cute puppy, but i am so a cat person too :)

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Cara

    Aww, I love puppies!! We have a sorta new one, he's like 13 weeks old.. A black lab named Onyx!! If you lived a little closer, I'm sure they'd be good friends!;)