Sunday, March 26, 2006
A pretty big deal...


I went to a wedding of a friend yesterday. It was actually her second, and this one seemed much more of a fit than the first one. For that matter, she didn't even give this guy an ultimatum to marry her. Let's all hope that means they'll be together for a while...

So I was on my way to this wedding, and I was thinking. I realized that this year, Trey and I will have been married for five years on our anniversary. Sure, that's not a huge deal for most of you out there, but it is for me. The average length of marriages these days is four years, so I'm happy that we've already surpassed that. Before Trey, though, I never even dated anyone more than 8 or 9 months, and that was just one boy. So five years married, and seven years together is a pretty big deal if you ask me. I'm trying to think of what we could do to celebrate. We usually try to go to the mountains for the weekend, b/c we both love the mtns., and that's the time of year the leaves change (We got married October 13th, 2001). I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I feel like we should do something on a more grand scale. You know, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure we didn't get to go last year, and the year before that was when I found out I was prego w/Taryn. I thought my stomach hurt b/c I had eaten some calamari for breakfast that I'd gotten the night before and hadn't refrigerated (yeah, ummm, gross!). Of course, that may not have hurt the situation...Oh, but I digress....

Anyway, I want to do something special. I thought about having a party, but it seems a little lame to have an anniversary party for yourselves. Plus, I'm not sure I have enough friends to make a party worth having. It might look kinda sad to have all of three people show up to celebrate! I can't think of what else to do, though. The biggest problem, of course, is the whole money thing. Plus, I'll be near popping prego by then. Any ideas?

It also occurred to me that we have reached halfway to ten years together. At the wedding yesterday, I got all gooey inside and decided I want to get married again...to Trey, of course. I went to a wedding in Jan. and didn't feel that way, so I'm guessing it has something to do w/the whole pregnancy hormone thing. I'm thinking, though, that maybe when ten years comes around (which gives me PLENTY of time to think!), we can have a wedding again, and get remarried to each other. By then our kids will be 8, 6, and 4 or so (Can you believe that! That's so scary!), I think, and they can be in it or something. I was thinking that since it will be in October, we can do an Oktoberfest theme or something (I'm big on themes, our original wedding was a Halloween theme). Then, we can have our anniversary again in Disney World like we did before, but this time take our kids. That would be so great! I'm about to die already to take my kids to Disney, but it would be such a waste till they're old enough for it, and that would be right about the right time, I think. Wouldn't that be so much fun!? Plus, by then, hopefully, we'll even be able to afford a decent wedding!

So anyway, that's my prego hormones kicking in and dreaming. I only have a million things that need to be done today to think about, and instead I dream of weddings five years from now and parties in the future. Figures...I hope you had a great weekend, and I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 9:12 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger gina

    ok hormonal girl.... wait till your 10 yr then do something special. i would invite you to greece with us this year, but that might not go over well with the "wanting to be alone" and all.

    and lol no, you cant throw yourselves a party- or i guess you could but that would be weird. you gotta wait till your 25, then your kids can host it for you.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    What could be more special that spending time in the mountains? I'd take that over a party any day. But that's just me.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Carrie

    ok... still getting caught up from being gone (which I still am...)

    but I'm still so excited for you!!!


    rub the belly!!!



    and PS... 5 years is wonderful! may the next FIFYT find you still being just as in love as you are now! XXOO

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I don't have any special suggestions. I think we went out on a date without the kids and got romantic back at home. I agree though that five years is a long time! You learn so much about yourself and everything has changed in five years.