Monday, May 08, 2006
Therapy
Is it really Monday already? Wow.

Friday was Cinco de Mayo, and I wanted to go out. Soooo, I called a couple of friends, Gina and Shawna, and told them the challenge was on to find people to watch our cheerin'. I called the mom-in-law, and she was more than happy to come watch her grandbabies. They, too, found people to hold their kids for a few minutes, and off we went...

We went to Monterey's, a Mexican restaurant chain in the area. Gina said she thought they were doing something for Cinco de Mayo, and I was all for it. It turns out what they were doing was serving food, and doing so with Mexicans that can not speak English. We were lucky to have gotten anything close to what we ordered! I, now don't hit me, ended up drinking a non-virgin strawberry margarita, b/c I had ordered a virgin one (complete w/explanation as to why) so I could look like I was partying, and he brought me a regular one. It seemed easier just to make the baby feel good than to try to get him to fix it. All-in-all, though, it was really fun just to be able to get out w/other human beings and have a meal that I got to eat all by myself, while it was still hot!

Afterwards, Shawna and I thought about going to see a movie, which didn't work b/c they were all starting too late, and we ended up walking around the strip mall just talking. I swear it felt too much like a date, and when I took her back to her car, I wondered if I should kiss her goodnight! She is rather hot, you know, and, well, if ever she left her hubby, and I left mine...

Oh, and then I was not ready to go home yet (MY babysitter was spending the night, so I had no curfew!), so I went to Barnes and Noble to read. I ended up buying a book called The Hot Zone, which is a true story about an international outbreak of Ebola in the 80's. It is, as the girl at the store warned me when selling me on it, absolutely NOT for the faint of heart or weak of stomach. The awful truth of what can happen to you when Ebola gets you in not pretty at all. It is, however, quite the page turner, and I will be leaving straight from here to go and turn some more pages....

Speaking of being able to sit and read a book...check this out: MY KIDS HAVE BEEN GONE SINCE SATURDAY MORNING!!! Yep, that's right, Nana took them home with her, where they have been on a nonstop vacation of fun and frenzy, and not enough sleep. Yesterday, Trey and I did the paper route together, and went to bed around 6 am. Then, we slept till...get this...1:30 pm! Oh, it was Heavenly! When I woke up, I asked him if they could go live there forever...Nana said they could...I swear this could really spoil a girl. I read my book, ate in peace, watched a LOT of tv, and did a little to get ready to move. It was wonderful. Today Trey is off, and we are going to have a date night. It's totally therapeutic...

Fear not, they won't be living at Nana's forever, they are coming home tomorrow. I must admit, although it was great yesterday, it was also VERY quiet, and later in the evening, I got all sad b/c I couldn't go and check on them in their beds. I'm sure that by the end of today, I'm going to be busting to get my kids back...or will I?...I have to say, it was very nice not to have to change a single diaper the whole day yesterday!...

Well, I'm off to enjoy some more of my book now. I hope your day is equally as wonderful. I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:54 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You deserve a break. Gail is a saint!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Kurt

    1:30 PM! That may be a world record. I slept until 9:00 and couldn't believe it.