Friday, May 26, 2006
Cupcakes are not made for outdoors...
Especially at a water park where it happens to be 400 degrees out. Just wanted to let you know...Which is why next time I decide to make something to give to everyone at a mom's group outing outdoors, I will not let TJ and Jacob make cupcakes.

I think I'm starting to feel the baby move more lately. That's good, b/c for a while there I thought he/she was not really there. I have gotten more round, but you know, that could come from anything....like, ummm, accidentally eating a basketball or something in my sleep. I have to say, though, that I think I'm finding the ultimate diet to be watching four kids. I wouldn't be surprised if I lose more weight this pregnancy than I gain. I do alright for breakfast, but usually anymore, when I make lunch and dinner, I have to make the foods baby-edible, as well as preschooler edible, and something they will actually eat that's good for them. Once I've gone through the stress of figuring out what that will be (which, if you read a while back, is the most stressful part of my life), and then making it, I'm usually too tired to fix my own food. Even when I'm eating the same thing as they are, I have to get it to them asap, b/c once they see food, the start doing these silly dances, and grabbing me, and making little monkey-like sounds, and it adds to the stress. So I vow to get mine together after they're sat and eating, and many times of late, I just want to give up by that point. Also, the fact that I don't EVER get to sit down anymore is helping, too.

Oh, and back to the water park thing. I also found out today that taking four small children to a water park in 400 degree weather is NOT FUN. In my mind, I saw an afternoon filled with joyful comeraderie w/the other moms, as we watched the youngin's run around and frolick in the water. Not so. Not at all. Again, didn't get to sit down. With Margaret Jane crying the whole time b/c she didn't want to be there, Taryn running off any which way she could as fast as she can, TJ disappearing to the playground next door w/o notice, and Jacob jumping like a flying squirrel from sprinkler to sprinkler, it was all rather, EXHAUSTING! I did get to say hi a couple of times to the other moms, though, so surely that meant something, right?

Anyway, I've got a few pics of the most adorable kids in the world on here. I'm especially in love with the face Taryn is making in the one close-up. I'm not sure what it says, but it looks rather sly if you ask me! Oh, and look at her little belly! I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!




 
posted by Christi at 11:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I haven't seen you in a while. I can't to see your rounding belly. Are you going to find out the sex and if so, when? It can't be too much longer. I learned of your pregnancy before Micah told me about their baby.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger gina

    Hey , there I am sitting on my ass in the background!!

    You are amazing. I could not even fathom bringing 4 kids under the age of 5 to a place like that. You did fantastic, and the kids had fun!! i know it was stressful but somehow you managed it. i am impressed!!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    I am impressed,too!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Renee

    The kids look so cute! How fun!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Carrie

    looks like the kids had a good time at least!


    so that's exciting that you can feel the baby move! how far along are you now?

    thanks for sharing the pictures, but seriously... stop tlaking about cupcakes. melted and soaked or not... they sound good!!