Sunday, May 21, 2006
GIMME A P!
Gina gave me a letter, it's a P. If you want one, too, just click on her name and go get one. Yep, I'm that lazy that I don't even want to think up letters for you all!

Ten 'P' words important in my life, let's see:

Pitchford: Well, it's my last name, of course, so that's pretty important, I would think. Lord knows I had no idea what I was getting into when I married Trey and found out that, although people no longer make fun of my maiden name, Cox, it's just as easy, if not easier, to make fun of Pitchford (ie-Bitchford, Pitchfork...). As well, NO ONE seems to know how to get it right! It's not Pichard, Pritchard, Pichbird (this was on a bill once, I swear!), or any other concoction that can be made up from it. It's simple-Pitch a ball, Ford, a crappy vehicle.

People: I have to be around people. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love and very much appreciate my alone and quiet time. However, I must, must, MUST have people time. Whereas, it's always been a pretty obvious thing for me, it's never been so noticeable as now, when I don't get to see people very much. Yes, sure I see kids all day, but man, when their moms come to pick them up, they have to pretty much pretend they got an emergency call to get away from me running my mouth to them! We won't even talk about when they come to drop them off and are in a hurry to get to work! I crave time with other ummmm, less imaginative and more focused human beings, and I just don't get enough of it anymore! That's why my poor mother gets a call from me pretty much everyday!

Pets: This issue has been a pretty big issue w/Trey and me since we met. I am a total cat person, and he is (supposedly) allergic. He loves dogs, big, licky, jump on you and knock you over dogs. I'm not their biggest fan myself. Right now we have a dog, a black lab. I'm okay with that, but I told him when he got Blue that he was his responsibility and that I would only take care of him when absolutely necessary. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that Trey unfortunately has to work his ASS off lately, and has very little time for a dog, but in the process, I have become Blue's main source of attention and love. I love the dog, but I'm not really a fan of him sniffing my butt all the damn time, and licking me and knocking me over everytime I go out in the backyard for two seconds! My most common phrase to him is, "GET OUT OF MY BUTT!" I'm sure the neighbors really wonder about us...thank heaven for bushes of privacy!

Pickles: The only way I choose to enjoy a cucumber. I do love me some pickles, and sometimes I wonder why I don't eat them more often. Trey and TJ are not fond of them, so I gladly take TJ's whenever he gets one on a hamburger (thus leading to his cute saying, "My nose said, my nose said...where's that pickle?"), and I happily take Trey's when he gets them w/his subs at Firehouse.

Pregnancy: Yeah, like Gina didn't pick P so she could see if I would pick this word! This one, the third and hopefully last, has been especially difficult. I may or may not have put it here, but I was virtually childless for the last two. TJ's is obvious, and w/Taryn, TJ was gone three days a week at his Nana's house, and Trey was home two days. So I had him on the weekends only by myself. It was quite simple, and I had plenty of time to rest during the week and give him the attention he needed on the weekends. This time, however, having two kids is KILLING me! I'm having some of the same problems I had when prego w/Taryn, where I wake up and have zero energy for the majority of the day (today was like that). Whereas before I could call in or just rest for a while, now I don't get that option. Even when Trey is here, he has to sleep sometime, so I'm stuck being mom whether I want to, or can, or not. This week has been particularly hard, b/c a cold spread throughout my network of people, and it seems to be hitting me the hardest. I can't take anything worth having for it, so it sucks even more. I'm so ready for this to be over. What's the worst is that I have no time to even sit down and just be excited about having another baby. I don't have time to daydream about nurseries, play online looking for names, try to feel if it's kicking...nothing. Still, I can't wait to see my new baby! Tonight TJ and I looked at prego pics of women online and talked to my tummy! He asked me yesterday when the baby is going to get here, right out of the blue...as if it would be here sometime this week.

Paralegal:
is one option I'm tossing around for going back to work as. I have no desire to go back to work full-time, as I really, really, really want to homeschool my kids. However, it may be an absolute necessity, at least for a while, and teaching is pretty much out at this point for me. I'm also thinking about possibly going into sometime computer related, as I really love messing with them. Of course, either one of these would require going back to school, so I'd have to check into it all first and see what I could do.

Pretentious:
Is something I'd like to believe I am truly not. I have always throughout my life tried to remain true to myself and be who I am, no matter the consequences. I admit at times I'm a bit stuck-up, as I tend to believe my beliefs and actions are better than others, but overall, I do my best to treat everyone in the best way I can. I love me, and I couldn't imagine ever trying to be someone I'm not. It's just not worth it.

Playful: I used to be so much more playful than I am now. I'm really, really hoping it has to do with the fact that having small children really wears you out. I want to be playful again. I was thinking the other day about how I used to work at a daycare at a church, and I would have so much fun with the kids on the playground, chasing them around and pretending to be a monster. Now, when I take my kids to the playground, I would be willing to pay someone just to let me sit while they go play! I want my fun energy back. I want to want to do things...I hope it comes back soon!

Private: I am NOT! I'm so open, even people who can't read can read my like a book. (yeah, bad analogy, but...) I've never had a problem telling people anything they want to know about me, even if I should keep it private. Oh well...

Proud: I realize that my life is totally not what I ever expected it to be. Of course, to be honest, I'm not sure what that was to begin with. However, I am so proud of what I have. I have a wonderful, awesome husband, and two, almost three, perfect children. They are everything I could have ever asked for, and I totally don't deserve the life I have.

I think this may be eleven, but oh well, b/c I can't believe I almost forgot this one: PURPLE!
Only my most favorite color in the world! It took me no time at all to teach TJ what Mommy's favorite color is, as well as his daddy when we first met. Most people I know are well aware of what it is, and if you've seen my wedding pics (dark purple dress), then you would have a few screws loose not to figure it out. I always find it funny that I really don't have that much as far as purple clothing, but it's not b/c I wouldn't want to. If I didn't know it would be beyond tacky, I would gladly have an entirely purple house one day, and never, ever get tired of it. It's such a beautiful color, with so many different enticing shades....and you know, it's the color of royalty (and Leos, which I happen to be).

Well, if you're still here, thanks for the read. Didn't quite realize this would be so long, but hey, maybe you know a thing or two about me you didn't already know. Hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:04 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger gina

    good ones, but why you dissing fords, yo???
    i love my pimped out ride.
    p was PERFECT FOR YOU>

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Alright now! None of that "he is (supposedly) allergic)" stuff! Richard says I "claim" to be allergic to cats. Makes me want to hurt him!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Christi

    Julia, Trey had cats before I met him, and he was fine. He had cats w/me, and never had any problems. He has a hard time at my mom's house, but she has three, and even I have a hard time breathing there!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I've used the cat allergy thing before too - people totally believe it!

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger MiMi

    I can't believe you left out one of the most important "P" things about you!! PIGGIE TOES!!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    You are definetly not pretensious! hat is what I like about you. I understand about the pregnancy,too!!! I keep telling myself that it won't last forever!