Wednesday, May 31, 2006
POOPED!
I don't think that you're supposed to sit for hours on end when you're pregnant. Nor do I think you're supposed to paint an entire living room. I did both today, and let me tell you, I am beyond exhausted! I'm still trying to figure out how and why I'm still awake!

I'm at my mom's house right now, and I'm going home tomorrow. We came up yesterday, and my mom showed me how to do the files I will be doing for a job when I come live here. We worked together on them last night and today, FOREVER, and got almost all of them done. I'm still trying to get her to do one more before we leave tomorrow, but I don't think she wants to. I also met her neighbor, whose son I will be tutoring once we get here. I can't wait to live here! It seems forever away!

Trey went over to the house and started painting the living room yesterday. He had to sand down the judge's panels first, then prime them (they were a really dark wood). Then my mom and I brought the kids over, and helped him paint for a while. I did the walls in a light celery greenish color, mixed with a lighter green. We got this awesome paint roller on clearance at Home Depot yesterday, and it makes it kinda look like marble or stone of some sort with the pattern on the roller when you mix the two colors on the wall. Once it dries and whatnot, I'll try to take a picture, but I'm very sure it will never do the wall justice. It is so COOL!

That was my day, and that was enough for me! Tomorrow we have to go back and finish it up, then head on out. I haven't had time to have any fun while we've been in town, but that's okay. Soon, we'll have all the time we need to have fun in Charleston!

I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:00 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I soaked in a hot tub all day and I'm beat!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger gina

    rofl kurt.

    don't forget about Joy's tutoring company. i know she needs tutors badly. that might be all the extra cash you need.

    i am gonna miss you.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Me

    The rollers are on clearance now? Hmmm as much as I'd like to snatch one up I'm not sure I'll let myself walk into a Home Depot to do it. Nope.. not even for a really cool clearance roller. LOL.

    HATE. THAT. STORE.

    ... now - if Lowes has it on clearance TOO then I might give it a go. :)

    (Photos are a must... I'll be patient for a bit though)

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    Wow! things are coming together for you! I am excited for you.