Thursday, June 15, 2006
I can't even imagine...

Like, I know it's true, but the sheer thought that my baby girl has been hangin' out in our world for a whole year now. Okay, so just get this, I was in a hospital bed just trying to fathom that that little tiny person I was holding was mine exactly a year ago today. Freaky, eh? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY GIRL, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD!!!

She's done SOOOO much in such a short period of time, I swear it seems like she needs a few extra months before we can really call her a year old. She couldn't have done that much in just a year. Think about it:

She smiled at a month.
She rolled over somewhere in the month to two month area.
She sat up at four months.
She crawled at six months.
She WALKED at 8 1/2 months!
Somewhere in there she started saying Da-da, Ma-ma, Bub-bub, TJ, Na-na, Bo-bo, Bye-bye, Hi, Uh-oh, Dis (this), and just in the past week she started saying Go.
She waves Bye-bye, and shakes her head to say no.
She points when she wants something (matched, of course, with the most annoying whining sound you could ever imagine, but...).
She has managed to beat the crap out of her Bub-bub and MJ on more than one occasion for both, and totally beat Trey in a wrestling match.
She can throw things now, and very well I might add.
She ditched baby food at six or seven months in favor of real food, and has never looked back.
She ditched formula at 10 1/2 months, and chose milk (chocolate) instead, and also has never looked back.
She also ditched the bottle at 10 1/2 months, and doesn't even act like she wants it when she sees one.
She has popped out six teeth now, admittedly in a strange order, but they're there, and two more are on the way.
She has figured out how to take off her shoes and diapers, something her brother is still struggling with (shoes, that is).
She is equally as tall as her best friend Elise (whom I'm gonna miss so much!), who's almost a year older than her.
She climbs steps like they're nothing.
She jumps in pools like it's nothing.

Okay, I could go on for days, but I'm sure you get the point. The girl has grown, and in my opinion, wayyyy too much for just one year. My guess is that she will do the same next year, and I will be equally as freaked out. I'm sure I did the same for TJ, but really, that's not the point. I'm sure I'll do the same for Braxton, too. I just can't, and never will, get over it. Freaky, I tell ya!

So anyway, today we celebrated her birthday a little bit. We all told her happy birthday all day long, each time being greeted with a look of total confusion from Taryn. She got an adorable outfit from Shawna and Elise, which she will be wearing tomorrow. That totally made my day! She also picked out a My Little Pony the other day when we were at Wal-Mart, and Trey lovingly brushed its hair for her this morning. He also got her a tiny little cake, which we took up to his restaurant this evening. We had them all come and sing 'Happy Birthday' to her and TJ (Trey) blew out the candle for her. She then proceeded to eat the candle. When I took it away, she scream-cried as loudly as she possibly could, b/c she could see that the restaurant had just gotten busy, and wanted to make sure to embarrass her mommy as much as humanly possible. Once she finally got to eating the cake, she was very clean about it overall, which surprised the hell out of me, but did save me the trouble of changing her clothes! We then topped off our celebrations by going to the playground for a while, where I let her run free (with me a couple steps behind, of course). I'm sure she's sleeping peacefully now, dreaming happy dreams of all of her adventures from today and just being excited to be a whole year old...right?

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you soon.
 
posted by Christi at 10:52 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger gina

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BABY TARYN! AUNTIE GINA LOVES YOU, PRETTY GIRL.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Frances

    Happy birthday to Taryn!

    Gosh, I really can't believe it's been a year. Time flies!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Me

    Wish her a Happy Birthday from someone in Iowa! :)

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Only a few more years until her first post!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Happy birthday to an independent, smart, beautiful, precious little girl!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Christi

    Independent is right!

    So, when is a kid old enough to start his/her own blog?

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Happy 1st birthday Taryn! Wow I cant believe it has been a year!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    Happy Birthday, Taryn!


    You must be doing a good job, Christi!

    Nat

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    2 days till you move have you got anything packed yet?