Saturday, June 17, 2006
Here we are...
Two days before the big move. Today was reserved to be a day of packing, as I have put it off as long as humanly possible. So here's how my day went:

I met my friend Shawna, whose child I used to watch, at Finlay Park at 10 am. We took Jacob, whom I also used to watch, with us, and stayed there until 12 pm. When we got home at 12:30, I woke Trey up to play with TJ, and put Taryn down for a nap while I went down for a "rest".

Somewhere around 2:30 I woke up just in time to see Trey off to work. Undoubtedly, TJ had fallen asleep right after me, so Trey got to spend his awake time with, well, himself. Ummm, oops! TJ woke up at about 3, and Taryn followed at 3:15. So, my plans for getting lots of packing done while they slept were out, since I kinda slept while they were sleeping! Oops again!

We were all hungry, so I ordered pizza. I didn't want to get started on anything and have to stop to eat, so I waited to start till after the pizza came and we ate. Sometime around 4 I started packing. Taryn was so kind as to "help" me, so things went less than quickly. I did, however, manage to get all of the clean dishes packed. Now I just have to wash dishes and pack the rest of them. I also managed to get the stuff we aren't using in the bathroom packed, for the most part. So all was not lost.

Soon it was about 5:15, and I decided we needed a break. I've been promising Jacob's mom since it got hot out that we'd come over and swim in their pool. So, swim we did. We got home at 9:15. Needless to say, I didn't get much packing done (NONE) then, either.

Now, I'm trying to put TJ to bed, and I'm going to attempt to start packing the playroom. It shouldn't be too hard, since most everything in their has it's own holder already. Wish me luck. I'll need it. I'm plum tuckered out! So much for my idea of wearing out the kids so I could get more done, eh!

Have a great day, I'll see you soon! Can you believe I'll be moving in TWO DAYS???!!!
 
posted by Christi at 9:44 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Me

    I just smiled... we've moved so many times I don't get concerned about packing anymore.

    It's always funny though to see the difference in packing-style between when you 'first' start, and then at the very end where you just throw everything into boxes willy-nilly. LOL.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger gina

    i got an evite for taryns party tomorrow....? lol.

    it will work out. quit watching all these kids so you can get something done.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Unknown

    You'd better be packing right now, young lady!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    Thank you for those baby clothes! They are great! Lindsey is having a blast with them. I had to hide them from her. They are so nice!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger LK

    Good luck with the move.