Wednesday, July 26, 2006
FREEDOM!!!
I feel a little bit like Mel Gibson in Braveheart right now. You know, how he screams "FREEDOM!" at the end. Yeah, sure, so he was doing it b/c he had a passion to save his people from tyranny and all that. So maybe I'm just screaming it b/c my kids are gone for a couple of days...but still...the feeling's pretty much the same. I just wish I looked as good as Mel Gibson...you know, in a woman kinda way...

So if you didn't get my drift, Trey took the cheerin' off to his parent's house for a couple of days. I have to work all day tomorrow at my new job, and he, in his attempt to make my life easier (sweet Trey), found a way to get someone to watch them all day, and keep them happy (b/c what kid wouldn't be happy with a doting, candy-feeding Nana who's at their beck and call?). Good deal. Plus, I get to sleep in for TWO DAYS (I slept in today...it was gooooooooodddddddd)! I am a lucky woman! I thought maybe I'd just sit at home today after I finished work and hang out by myself for a while. Maybe watch some tv or something...However, instead I've spent the day wasting time with my mom (whose house I'm at right now), which is even more fun. I also figured I'd go hang out with a friend or something...but the more I think about it, the more it seems like work to get off of my fat butt...so maybe later...

While I'm on the subject of my fat butt, guess whose birthday it is today (which has nothing to do with my butt at all)...BO's. Bo is my stepdad, whom I probably don't talk about on here enough (in only good terms, of course). He's awesome. A little weird, which I have no room to talk about, but a very cool guy. He really helps us out, too, which I so very totally appreciate and wish I could repay, and admire. I mean, after all, the guy kinda took on two kids that aren't even his own, and has been a better dad in the nine years he's been w/my mom than my dad ever was. Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned this...he turns 31 today. So, he's also in my generation, just three years older, and still a fantastic dad. If it didn't feel so strange to call him 'Dad', I totally would. The kids, of course, have no problem calling him 'Bo-Bo', which means "Best Grandad in the world!".

Anyway, as I was saying:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BO !!!!!

Have a great day. I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 5:12 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    wow, christi
    it sounds like you are having a good day. how is the new job going?

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Happy birthday, Bo!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger LK

    I really hope Bo-Bo had a great day. And ps. I'm glad you chose Cole - that was my favourite and has a great sound to it.