Saturday, July 15, 2006
Help, I need somebody!
Okay, does anyone know when the major hormonal point in a pregnancy is? I should know by now, but really, I have no idea. I'm thinking it must be now. Lately, my emotions are willy-zonked times 1000! I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but I do know that I am VERY EASILY pissed off by the smallest stuff lately. I cry and get overly emotional at very non-me stuff, like a dance on tv, which I am still, even at this very moment, getting choked up about two days later. I'm either demotivated enough to not even want to roll over in bed, much less get out, or I'm ready to run to the point that I never want to sit down or stop, and I get pissed if I have to (this is much more rare, as I'm usually much more pissed that I have to do anything at all). I've come to notice that my happy moods are fewer and more far between, and they're really just not all that great. They are usually brought on by Taryn laughing or TJ being a goofball, but are short-lived, as I now bore of it all w/in a few minutes. It's just all very upsetting.

I have figured out that you must think of certain things at certain times during pregnancy. Case in point, Carrie is due three days after me. The other day I wrote about boobs, and I kid you not, w/o even knowing what I wrote, she also wrote about boobs that same day, hers of course! Our topics were the same, w/some differences in the paths there, but overall on the same note. I've noticed lately that she's writing a lot about the way I feel, and her days even seem to be going the way mine are. I thought I remembered this being the time in pregnancy when you glow and feel like you're on top of the world. My only "glow" to speak of is a sunburn, which hasn't even lived up to its promises (you know, daily pain and peeling and total redness...no, it's just fading away, leaving behind all my freckles!)! So undoubtedly it must have something to do with this point in pregnancy, I hope.

I dunno, I'm just tired of the only thing I feel passionate about lately is being pissed at people. I usually sleep on something, and by the next day I wonder why I was even slightly upset. Now, I sleep on it, and when I wake up I'm mad and even more angry. I just don't get it. Perhaps I need an outlet. Hmmm....Perhaps I just need to get this baby out of me! Who knows...Well, better yet, who knows?
 
posted by Christi at 12:33 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Unknown

    It probably is hormonal. I remember when you were pregnant with Taryn talking about the same things. I felt the same way when I was pregnant with Alison. I felt like a lazy slug who just wanted to be left alone. Are you still allowed to take you antidepressants while you're pregnant?

    I think I'm messed up in the head. I woke up at 5 am and I can't get back to sleep because I'm so excited about the wedding today. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    i'm with you, christi! it won't last forever.... I keep telling myself.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Carrie

    I just wrote about being hormonal in my private blog, and how sick I am of getting sick all the time (puked again TWICE today... despite all the meds I'm on)


    I definitely think we're in a hormonal surge right now.

    hang in there, sister.. you know I'm right there with you!