Sunday, July 23, 2006
Drumroll, please....
Before I get to the good news, I want to give you a public service warning from our sponsors (me):

NEVER, I mean, NEVER go to Chuck-E-Cheese on a Saturday night!!!

I won't go into details, but let's just say that if you don't want to be pissed off the whole time and miserable, then you would be wise to avoid that stupid place then. I'm guessing a Friday night would be just as bad. I have, however, been in the afternoon during the week, and on a Tuesday night during the school year, and it was actually quite nice.

Now, on to the great news...

The winner of my first Blog contest is....roll, roll, roll...CARRIE! (Gee, I'm so surprised!) Oh, Carrie, are you gasping right this very second in complete delight and wonderment!? I sure hope so!

Carrie won the contest with her suggestion of the name Cole. My baby's name will officially be

Braxton Cole Pitchford

Before you think that a name was just randomly chosen, let me reassure you that it was, in fact, far from that. Trey called the other night from work with plenty of time on his hands to waste while waiting for them to finish cleaning for the night (b/c Heaven forbid he help out the worker bees!). I asked him if he'd seen my blog yet, and he said he had. After a good naggy lecture on the fact that he is not going to be allowed to just veto names w/o offering anything, he got online and started looking up names. After offering up such names as Clyde (?), Tom, and some other unworthy of my child crap, I told him to look through the names on the list of those offered, and which ones I like. Some of the runners-up were Evan, Xavier (which I don't think was suggested, but I like it), Flynn, Finn, Liam, Graham, Shea, James, and Blaine. My absolute favorites in that list were Flynn (too much chance it wouldn't be a redhead, though), Finn, and Shea. Oh, how Irish sounding! We said each one out loud, looked up the meaning, and then argued over it. Finally, we both stumbled upon Cole, which has a nice ring and flow to it, and we both like. Not to mention the fact that it means "warrior", or "victory of the people". Nice, eh? It's actually a Greek name, but oh well. Sounds cool. Plus, as an added benefit, it sounds quite nice with the other two names...TJ, Taryn, and Cole. Good deal.

So, now on to what the illustrious Carrie wins. I was thinking an ideal gift would be a 5x8 glossy of my face close-up, signed of course. I went to try to take the picture, and let me tell you, it's hard to take a good picture of yourself. It was mostly b/c the backgrounds just didn't suit my unique burnt-red and freckled coloring, not problems with my face or anything. Soooo, I'm going to have to think of something else. I have an idea, one which she could use at home, but which I hope would draw her to have to come to Charleston to put to the best use.

Now Carrie, it's all on you. Please email me with your mailing address, and I'll plan a special trip to come to your house and deliver your prize. We will make it a point to show up at your door super-early in the morning, and starving, that way you'll be forced to spend time with us. Yes, yes, that sounds good.

Thank you all for playing, and for all of your suggestions. Now comes the fun of figuring out where this little bugger will live, what his room theme will be, and getting the little wooden letters of his name to hang in his room! Hooray!

Have a great day! See you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 7:42 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Frances

    TJ, Taryn and Cole? No, hang on, wouldn't it be TJ, Taryn and Braxton?

    I love the name Cole - it was on the short-list for our son. If you're going to end up calling him Cole anyway, why don't you call him Cole Braxton Pitchford? Saves on confusion! :-)

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Christi

    I am naming him after my grandaddy. I love the name Braxton, but I'm not so fond of calling it all the time...it's a little too, ummm, I dunno...formal for me. I don't like any nicknames we can make from Braxton, and I do like Cole. I want his first name to be Braxton, though. Taryn was actually supposed to be called by her middle name, Reese, and TJ stands for Trey Jr. His real name is Robert, as is Trey's. I figure why let this kid get away w/o being totally confused about his name, too!? If I can't mess with his head, why even have him? :)

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger MiMi

    OK, now that you've totally f____d up my unborn grandson's mind already, you need to revise your blog. You don't live in Cola anymore and you need to put some more recent pics at the top under the title... you've only got nine gazillion pics to choose from! BTW, Brock is a cool nickname for Braxton.

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I don't like losing.

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I like Cole.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Christi

    Kurt, I'll send you something, too, okay? How about a consolation prize, just for participating?

    Sure, Brock is a good name, I suppose. However, the only thing I think of when I hear that name is some big, blond-haired jerk jock that is a total bully. Actually, I think of the mean blond guy in The Nerds.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I think of a jock too. I think because it rhymes.

    I wish I had known there were consolation prizes. I would have come up with something. Geez!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i like Broham,Brah,Backarat,& Dude

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Carrie

    meh... just call him AXE. that's a tough kick-ass name! ;)


    so, uh.. about the EARLY morning visit?????


    can we re-negotiate the prize? HAH!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Kurt

    my prize hasn't arrived yet