Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Passy...
Quote of the day (while lying naked in the bathtub): "Look, Mommy. My toodlewhop looks like a passy!" Ummm, okay. One, we don't even call it a passy, it's a PLUG in this house! Two, you are wayyyyy too young to be thinking about your toodlewhop as something that people want to suck on--especially not to get them to shut up! He went on to mention that it only looked like a passy for a girl (?????), so I suppose that's good in a "maybe he won't turn out gay after all" kinda way...I guess...

So, now that I'm pretty sure TJ's straight, I have Taryn to worry about. Of late, she is quite interested in figuring out how to put on her own clothes and shoes. Good. Maybe she won't be like TJ, who's nearing four, and still has no interest in learning...ever. There's only one real problem with this newfound love of hers...She only wants to wear her brother's clothes! The other day, she came walking into the room with just a pair of TJ's underwear over her diaper on. When I inquired to Trey how they managed to shimmy their way onto her, he said she was trying desperately to put them on herself, and he just helped her speed up the process. I have to say, though, it was extremely cute. Then, yesterday, TJ took off his shorts he had been wearing and threw them on the floor. Taryn took that to mean they were now free game, and proceeded to try to put them on herself. Again, Trey helped expedite the process for her. I must say, with her little t-shirt, she looked quite cool...and a little punkish. It brought a little tear of joy to my eye...


This morning, she went straight for TJ's swimmy underwear, but later wanted to wear his regular underwear. I didn't argue one bit, and put them right on her. She wore them all day, right under her little orange dress. She seems to feel quite cool in them. She is so determined to be just like her big brother. You should have seen her at the playground today. She goes down the slide all by herself, and climbs the climbing wall as if it were nothing. A guy there was shocked when she fell while trying to climg it, and instead of busting out crying and running to me, just went back and tried again. I tell you, the girl is tough! Oh, her mamma's so proud!


Even her boyfriend, Andrew, knows a cool chick when he sees one!

and I totally approve of them dating...although it is a bit on the strange side at this age!

I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:04 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kurt

    I have summoned CPS as is required by law.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Christi

    Well, then I should be thankful that we don't have a CPS here. I'm sure that DSS doesn't stay in touch with CPS, since it is a gov't. kinda thing, so I'm sure I'm a-okay!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Unknown

    First paragraph: I'm pretty sure he gets that from Trey.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    what sweet pictures of Taryn!

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Karima

    I just noticed when I looked more closely that my toodlewhop looks like a passy too. Thanks for pointing that out.