Tuesday, July 18, 2006
BEEECH!!!

I am one freckly-assed mo-fo! We went to the beach today, and man, do I have a lot of freckles showing now! I just can't get over how my freckles all come out when I get in the sun. I was showing my mom my chest today, and how you can see where the bathing suit ends, b/c it's all freckly, then...nothing but pure white pastiness. As much as I am not fond of freckles, I can't help but be completely in love with the little freckles that are showing up more and more on TJ's nose each day. They are SOOOOO ADORABLE!

So what really, REALLY made my freckles show was going to the beach today. It was both TJ and Taryn's first time in the water. We'd taken TJ to Myrtle beach before, but he really only just put his tiny little feet in and run out. Once they were used to it, they had fun. Julia said Taryn was laughing (although would not allow herself to be put down on her own at all) after a while, and TJ didn't want to leave once Trey taught him how to sorta boogey board. Alison and Andrew, according to Julia, were much more outgoing than usual as well, and I'm pretty sure it was b/c they had other influences around today. Julia and Trey both tried to teach me how to boogey board, and well, I decided that it was much more fun just to ride the bumps and not have to drag myself back out to the deeper water everytime a wave came in. I much preferred just picking on Julia and Trey as they rode to the shore, then had to climb back out for the next wave. It was pretty cool. Mind you, it was far too dirty for my tastes, but I sucked it up for the sake of fun. Oh, and I even had fake turkey for lunch! Now tell me I'm not adventurous!

To top off our fun day, TJ added a bit of drama. I went to tutor after we got home, and while I was gone, TJ started puking and feeling sick. Trey put him in a cool bath, and shortly afterwards he passed out. He's been asleep now since about 7:30 or so, and even though we have nothing to worry about (we're both pretty sure he's just beyond exhausted from today), Trey and I are still worried. My hope is that the reason he puked is b/c he drank too much ocean, but Julia brought up that it could have been sun poisoning. He has no sunburn, so I do hope it's not that. I guess now only time will tell...

Well, I suppose I shall see you later. I hope you all have a great day.

PS-Check out Julia's blog for more on this breaking story...and more pics!
 
posted by Christi at 11:23 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I think Trey's right about TJ drinking too much saltwater. I hope he's alright tomorrow.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    the sun can totally make you barf!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger gina

    i am impressed you went to the beach.

    are you tutoring for j?

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger k8

    i accidentally deleted your email w the new numbers!! can u send again?

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    How's TJ? looks like you guys had a great time.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger LK

    Freckles are cool, I have them also and I will even go so far as to say they are most beautiful.