Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Mundane


Julia asked who our top ten favorite bands of all time are. I really don't get into tags, but for some reason I feel like doing this one. Honestly, right off, I can't think of ten, but I'm hoping they'll come to me as I write. This, for sure, will show just how very different Julia and I are. After you read mine, just take a peak at hers, and you'll totally understand!

1. Marilyn Manson
2. NIN
3. Staind
4. Freedy Johnston
5. Counting Crows
6. Violent Femmes (Well, there's one thing in common!)
7. Nirvana
8. Guns N' Roses
9. Linkin Park
10. Chevelle

You'd think from my list that I have a lot of anger in my or something. Nah. I do love me some hard music, though. Don't get me wrong, I love my ballads, too. Just think of "Don't Cry" by GNR. Ahhh, what a good, sweet song. If I'd had my top twelve or so, Jill Sobule and Jump, Little Children would have totally been up there, too. They are soooooo not hard, but equally great.

Well, there you go. Feel free to chime in, or do your own. I'd love to see yours, compare, that kinda thing. Go Julia for stealing this from Jessica....

Oh, and as far as the job goes, I think for right now I'll stick with Pizza Hut, and look for more lucrative job options. Everyone who said she's too psycho....you're right. Thanks so much for the input, and, as you can see, it really sunk in and influenced my decision.

Hope you have a great day. Talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 4:54 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Actually, all those artists are at least OK to me. I love Nirvana and considered putting them in my top 10. Your favorites are more hard rock, while mine are more like soul and laid back stuff, but still in the rock category. I love Jump Little Children and I went to the Jill Sobule concert with you. I almost forgot about her, but I seem to remember thinking she was pretty great. Thanks for playing along!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger holy chaos

    alright, here are my favorite bands... please don't laugh or think i am weird... or old!!!!!

    1.Journey
    2.Foreigner
    2.Newsboys
    3.Reo Speedwagon
    4.Amy Grant
    5.Genesis
    6.Rolling Stones
    7.Diana Ross and the Supremes
    8.Cheap Trick
    9.Styx
    that's all i can think of... yes, I AM old!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Carrie

    1. Duran Duran
    2. Erasure
    3. Harry Connick jr.
    4. INXS
    5. Frank Sinatra
    6. Metallica
    7. Bee Gees
    8. Aerosmith
    9. Miles Davis
    10. Etta James

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    My list is pretty random, I guess . . . something from the last couple decades at least)

    1. The Cure
    2. Sara Groves
    3. Keith Green
    4. The Smiths/Morrissey
    5. Metallica
    6. Jennifer Knapp
    7. REM
    8. Pink Floyd
    9. Sarah Mclachlan
    10. Cat Stevens