Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Well, I got something done...
Today seemed really busy. However, when you really get down to it, I didn't get a whole heck of a lot done. Let's see:

Well, we went and got my brother's old twin-sized bed and gave it to TJ. I got a Spongebob tent to put on it, and he's in hog heaven. All he, and Taryn, wanted to do all day was play in it. Of course, Taryn, when she was ready to get off the bed, would just kinda roll off the side. Not so good....I'll have to take a pic tomorrow so you can see TJ's new "Big Ol', Big Ol', Big Ol' Big Boy Bed".

Later, I took the cheerin' to Ross, TJ Maxx, and Target on a search for A: a cheap blue dust ruffle for the new bed, and B: new shoes for TJ. Both my cheerin' just keep right on growing, regardless of my pleas to stop, and have both outgrown their old shoes. However, neither of these items were found. I was sorely disappointed. I was about to just go to Wal-Mart, knowing what I need is there, until Taryn completely LOST it right before we left Target.

Now, I don't usually let crying bother me. Really, I don't. I have managed to discern real need cries from fussy cries, and can completely tune out fussy cries altogheter. However, if the cries are real, and especially those of pain, every single nerve in my body gets shot. Taryn was crying in this way tonight. She's done this a couple of times lately, too. It seems to always be in the late evening, while we're out in public, and just COMPLETELY out of the blue with no warning signs at all. I was baffled the first couple of times, and for most of this time. However, after the excruciatingly long and nerve-wracking ride home (about five minutes or less), where even TJ jumped out and tried to calm her when we got home, I think I figured out the problem...I hope. Taryn's feet swell up at night.

Okay, let me explain. Once, we went to CiCi's Pizza w/my mom and Bo. Taryn was wearing her new favorite black patent leather shoes, and everything was fine. However, when I put her down to walk at one point, she LOST it. I was trying everything, and I just figured I'd take her shoes off, too. She was silent and happy. I looked at her feet, and her little baby pinky toes looked as if they'd been stuffed into a thimble! I didn't get it, b/c the shoes were too big for her earlier in the day. The same thing happened today. The shoes she was wearing were a size too large earlier, but when I took them off, her little toes were all red and looked like they hurt! I just don't get it. I mean, I know your feet swell up a little later in the day...but a whole shoe size! Enough to really hurt your feet? I'm baffled, really I am.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough. I do have to mention, this, though. TREY IS COMING HOME TO LIVE HERE FOREVER ON AUGUST 21st!!!!!! Isn't that fantastic!? Oh, and he also got a $2500 raise, finally. Yaaa for Trey! I'm so proud of my wonderful hubby! Everyone I've told is thrilled he's finally going to get to come home, too! HOORAY!!!

Alright, have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 11:43 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Unknown

    The shoe thing is unusual. I wonder why her feet swell like that.

    Hooray for Trey!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Poor Taryn! Hopefully you have figured out what it is!

    Yea for Trey coming home! I would be thrilled as well!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger gina

    yay that trey is coming home!!

    poor taryn's feet. cut out the salt. haha

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger karla

    She sounds like she's pregnant!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger holy chaos

    yeah! i am so glad that Trey will be home with you guys! taryn's feet swelling? it is good that you figured it out!

    natalie

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Littlebit

    Yay i'm glad Trey is coming home, that will hopefully make your life easier... its only a bit more than a week away!

    Also wanted to let you know that I've added your site to "sites i read" on my blog www.dreaminglikeafatkid.blogspot.com
    just thought i'd let you know :)