Monday, December 05, 2005
My men are STUDS!
I mean, just look at them!



Those are my two favorite men in the whole wide world getting gas today after church. Church for us was an adventure today. We went to Gina and Wesley's church to see my neice, Julia, in a Christmas play. Wow, what a production it was! At my church, they do a little twenty minute thing where the kids get to sing some Christmas songs, and they tell a little story. Not here, no-siree-Bob! Gina informed me that they have been practicing for this since AUGUST! Big time stuff.

Anyway, about the actual play...They had snowblowers, and blew in fake snow, while the kids all came in down the aisles in elaborate costumes. Julia rode in on a sleigh, and she, along with what I assume to be the other four-year-old girls, did a little dance while dressed in so cute white dresses. Highly entertaining! There were other great moments, too. Like, when they turned out the lights and the GIANT choir of kids did sign language stuff to a song they were singing...with white gloves on...get this...in BLACK LIGHT! Oh yeah! TJ was fascinated! So was I. Taryn danced the whole time, and my favorite part was the song (some normal Christmas song changed up) that said, "Baa, baa. Mo-ooooo! Hee-haw!" You had to be there, b/c believe me, it was too funny! I laughed, I cried, my kids both slept. (It was long, and neither of them had enough sleep last night) It was nice. I'm glad we went.

Oh, and we had our Sunday School Christmas party last night. Nothing too exciting to tell, except that TJ was very well behaved, as was Taryn. Oh, and I ran the table at pool when I went in to play with the boys. Okay, so it wasn't exactly like that, but they were impressed at my apparent skill at the game, I'm sure (even though my team managed to lose every single time I played!). I think what may have impressed them more was how I could take care of Taryn and hold her and keep her happy, all while playing a game of pool, while also telling TJ what to do. I hope I didn't upset anyone, b/c I did hear a girl say that that was the man room, and the women don't go in there. Ummm, oops! I'm sorry, but was just totally womaned out! I'm really not into enough girly stuff, so it's all foreign to me when people talk about it. Something that was exciting, though, was that I got a cool coffee cup and coffee from my secret pal, Kim, and Dawn made us the most awesome vases that looked like etched glass or something--VERY cool!

Well, my child is still sick. She's getting worse. TJ seems to be well on his way to being fine, but Taryn seems to be going the other way. I'm hoping she will seem better tomorrow. If not, I'm going to take her to the doctor. I hate this time of year, and all of the possibilities of stuff to catch. I wouldn't care so much if it were me I was worrying about, but I hate having to worry about my tiny babies, and the fear that I could screw up big-time, and mess them up for life, or worse, lose them for life. Having children is so scary sometimes!

Okay, I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon! Did you see those hot guys up there? I'm so lucky!
 
posted by Christi at 1:07 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Just like your studs, I've often experienced much gas after church. :)

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger gina

    you are lucky! those are two very cute boys!! i love them dearly.

    glad you liked the play. it was cute , huh? oh and it was supposed to be deck the halls with bows of holly fa la la la la la la la la.......to which they changed to
    deck the stalls in bethleham.....ba ba ba.......moo OOO.......hee HAW!

    i am sorry taryn is sick! poor kid. let me know what doc says.
    oh and as much as i like girly stuff, i would have been in there playing pool as well. sometimes girls can be so ....well......one track minded..why not get in there and play pool? its FUN!!!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I didn't know there was going to be some eye candy today.

    That must be why we get along so well. I'm definitely a girl, and I'm glad about that, but I don't relate to a lot of the girly stuff like fashion and decorating. I'd play pool too.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger the Barefoot mama

    I love pictures like that! LoL I feel that way every time I see my guys together. Marshall loves to help daddy carry groceries and load the car, that's their manly thing that only they do... because apparently us girls can never load it right. ;)

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Cara

    That is the sweetest picture, TJ is such a big helper!!! Congratulations on your new job!! Prayers do work!! I hope it works out good for you!! Congratulations Taryn on your first word!!