Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Green stuff sucks!
Okay, well, not all green stuff sucks, but the stuff I had to deal with today did. There was a lot of green going around in my parts, and it wasn't even St. Patrick's Day!

As I told you yesterday, Taryn is sick. She has a runny nose and a little tiny cough, that just makes you wish she'd do it more b/c it's so cute, even though you know it's wrong to hope for that! My mom always told me to watch out for green snot, and hers is not. However, she never said what to do if she spits up tons of green stuff that kinda looks like snot, but it's not coming from her nose! First she did it to Trey at Eckerd today...and he's not even down with her drooling! Then, later she showed me what she had done for Daddy, so as not to leave me out. Fun stuff! You know, it wouldn't even be so bad if she at least pretended to feel bad about it. Like, she spits this nasty stuff all over you, and doesn't even flinch. She just keeps looking off into space as if nothing happened. A simple, "Oh geesh! I'm so sorry Mom!" would do...or at least a look...something!

I also learned a lot about potty training today. For the most part, TJ is potty trained, except for an accident here and there, which I'm usually cool with. Today, I discovered that it is now his duty in life to make sure he uses the bathroom at EVERY place we EVER go at least twice. First, we went to a carpet store to look at remnants. As soon as we got in the store, not five minutes from home where he didn't have to pee, "Mommy, I have to go pee-pee." Fine, we go. All of five minutes later, "Mommy, I have to go pee-pee." We go again! We weren't even there five more minutes, and he was telling me again. I told him to hold it. So we get to the next store ten minutes down the road, where I only want to be there maybe ten minutes. "Mommy, I have to go pee-pee." "You just used the bathroom twice not fifteen minutes ago! You haven't even had a drink since 10 this morning! There's no way! Can you hold it for a few minutes?" "Okay." Five minutes later..."Mommy, I just went poo-poo." Now, he went poo-poo right before we left the house, and I was sure that after that he wouldn't be able to go again for the rest of the week! Of course I left his spare bag at home, so I have nothing to change him into. Thank goodness we were at a store that sells kids' clothing. I grabbed a pack of underwear, and headed off to the bathroom. I didn't smell anything, and his pants looked fine from behind, so I didn't think it could possibly be much, especially after earlier. Man, was I wrong! There was green poop caked all the way down his legs and the inside of his jeans! Oh, and it was atrocious! I didn't have Taryn in a basket, so I had to prop her against the door and wall on the floor of the stall, and then figure out how to clean off my son with some cheap public restroom toilet paper. It was not fun. I had to take off his jeans, and throw away his underwear and socks (yes, even his socks!). Poor TJ, thank goodness he has no shame. Since I didn't know how bad it was, I had to take him out in his shirt, underwear, and shoes so I could get him some new pants! I found some, and on sale even, but I have to say I would prefer never to go through that again. What sucks is that I know I will!

You know, now that I think of it, I should probably go and get those nasty jeans out of my car right now, eh?

Okay, since I was told that I could keep posting pics of my kids, I'm going to again. TJ wore a little sweater jacket today, and it looked SO cool on him. When we left the house this afternoon, he insisted on having a "light jacket", and keeping it zipped up, so it didn't fall off. I swear it made him look so old, like a college intellectual at some private school in England or something. Or maybe not, but...well, just see for yourself:
It took me FOREVER to take the serious look picture. He insisted on doing his fake smile everytime I aimed the camera at him, and within minutes, both of us were rolling on the floor laughing. That kid is so NUTS!

Taryn, at first, was like, "What in tarnation are you weirdos doing?" Then, she eventually broke down and joined in the fun!


Oh man, what a long, green day! Let's pray for less green tomorrow, unless it comes in paper form, and is accepted as a form of payment. You guys have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 9:43 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Carrie

    so cute....love the pictures!

    poor baby girl, though!!! :( hope she feels better soon!!!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Ick, I would say your day was crappy huh! No pun intended.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Oh, man! I feel for you.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Most disgusting post ever! Congrats!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Cara

    Don't you hate it when they are sick!! If you give her lots of water, that will help with the green spit up.. It helps to loosen the flem!! yuck, I know, but I used to work at a pharmacy!
    TJ is so cute!! I hope Taryn gets to feeling better really soon!

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger k8

    toilet humor...what's a holiday without it?

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    that was a funny post christi. well it was to me but probably not for you. my wife and i went through this because we had 4 children. they should have teenagers change diapers all day and maybe not so many would get pregnant. that is called birth control.