Sunday, November 06, 2005
I can't wait!!!
Taryn is getting baptized next Sunday, and it can't come soon enough! I wasn't going to get her a special dress, b/c I'm not really into that kind of thing, and we don't have a lot of money to spend. However, I was talking to Julia on the computer one night, and she mentioned that she saw them at Wal-Mart one time. I thought, "Wow, if you can buy them at Wal-Mart, then I have no excuse for not having one for her." I looked online and they were only $27 or so. All of the ones I had looked at before were over $100, which was the main reason I wasn't even worrying about it. So that night I went on eBay and found one. What luck that it was in Lexington, just down the road from here, and I went yesterday and picked it up. Look at it, it's so beautiful, and I can't wait to put her in it and let everyone see her in her beauty!

Rest assured that pictures will be posted of her in the dress!

So, yesterday my Sunday School class had a bonfire. It was so much fun! We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows, and made smores. We ate, hung out, played with babies (there were five tiny ones, and two toddlers), and had a generally good time. TJ played very well with his g/f, MacKenzie, and only wrestled her to the ground one time that I know of! Taryn was miserable b/c she's teething and hadn't had a nap, and had to be held most of the time. She fell asleep on someone else, and it was so cute. I'm glad to have gotten out and been around adults for a while.
TJ mackin' on his 'girlfriend' MacKenzie. She's an older woman!

Which leads me to my next thought...I think I have ADHD. I'm noticing more and more that when I get in a group of people I get really hyper. I start talking louder, and cutting people off, and I'm sure I'm just as obnoxious as all get-out. I'm aware of this fact, yet I can't do anything to stop it. I try desperately to calm down and be quiet, and sometimes I'm successful, as long as I don't talk at all, but usually I just pop. I end up playing with the kids b/c I feel more comfortable with them, and they like my loudness and hyperactivity. Today at church I noticed that when we have to stand for more than ten seconds, I start dancing and fidgeting and moving all over the place. I realized during a ceremony thing we were doing that I was the only one moving back and forth in the sanctuary. I'm sure I was driving the people around me crazy. I've also noticed that I can't focus hardly at all anymore, not that I was ever really that good at it. I can get lost in tv, but that's about it. When I try to do something that requires planning, I will think about it for a minute or two, then start thinking about ten other things, and within minutes totally forget what I was even thinking about originally. I wanted to help clean up last night, and I went in the kitchen to start, and just stood there staring at all of the stuff, wondering what in the world I could do. There was a big after-party mess, and plenty for me to do, but I couldn't focus long enough to even pick something up. Finally, I went for what felt natural, and just washed a sippy cup and a bottle! It's really making functioning normally even harder now that I've got two kids and need to get with it. What do you think? I think I'm going to try to go get checked out. I'd love to be able to have a full thought again one day!

Alright, I've rambled on enough for now. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon. I leave you with this vision of beauty:
 
posted by Christi at 10:13 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Are you still on your post partum meds?

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Christi

    Yes.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Wow, Taryn's getting big, yet she still makes TJ look like a giant.

    About the ADD, I can see how you might have that. As an outside observer, it doesn't seem as bad to me as what you describe. I don't think you're obnoxious. Well, sometimes. :)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger gina

    people always said my two looked so much alike, but yours are spitting images of each other. i think taryn will have red hair...?

    glad you had fun at the bonfire. and yes the dress is cute.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cara

    Taryn's dress is adorable, the only way it can be any cuter is when she is wearing it!!;) They do look alot alike!! So precious!:)

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Renee

    The kids are growing so much! They sure are cute! I love that dress as well!:-)

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    That dress is beautiful! I love it and Taryn is going to look beautiful!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger k8

    she's a princess! a real live princess!

    i can never buy anyting that is near me on ebay cuz there's nuttin near me.

    i wish i could come next week.

    umm, i'm telling the girls about tj and this other chick.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger MiMi

    Man, I sure do have some good looking grandbabies!!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    hello christi. i do beleive that parents have a tendacy to be about 5 steps ahead. it is like a person playing a game of chess or checkers. in those games you make a move with one of your pieces on the board and then it is the other persons turn. i am always thinking 5 moves ahead instead of just one.
    those are great pictures. keep them comming.