Monday, October 24, 2005
Yay for me!
I made eggplant parmesan today! Hooray! TJ helped me bread the eggplant, which was disastrous, but fun. The first piece I tried, I burned the crap out of, and had to open the doors and windows to let all the smoke out of the house. I called Trey's mom to ask her what I was doing wrong, and undoubtedly you have to cut the stove down after you heat the oil up enough. Go figure! Anyway, the next time I tried, it worked perfectly! Thanks, Gayle! I also made farfalle noodles, and a sauce called eggplant ragout (?) out of onions, garlic, eggplant and crushed tomatoes. I have to say I wasn't overly excited about how that came out. It tasted alright, but it wasn't really my style. However, I'm very proud of the meal that came out, and now I don't have to go to Olive Garden and spend ten bucks to get eggplant parmesan!

Okay, this continues from yesterday. Undoubtedly, I wasn't too covert about whom I was talking about (did you all know?), and I seem to have further upset Trey (which was what I was trying to avoid!). It may work to our advantage, though. We'll see. He's vowed never to read my blog again, which isn't what I was going for, but maybe he'll come back soon. Anyway, now that I've pretty much told you that I've been upset, I need your help. We talked a little today during his break, and for the four hundredth time we came to the conclusion that we are not working together, but against each other, and that we need to change a lot of stuff. Okay, we've established that. The real, true problem, though, lies with how to actually do the change and stick to it. It seems like everytime we have a talk, everything is good for a week or two, and we're really trying, then it all goes back to the way it was after that. I want to go to counseling, but we can't afford it. We need help, though! I certainly don't want to lose a great marriage over the stuff we're having problems with that surely can be fixed. So please, if you have any suggestions, ideas, cure-alls, anything, TELL ME! I love him, and he loves me, so surely we're one up on the challenge. Help, please!

Alright, I'll talk to you later, and you have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 9:54 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Mmmm, I love eggplant parmesan. Richard and I went out to Carabba's last night to celebrate our anniversary (8 years!). I got eggplant parmesan.

    Hopefully somebody else will have some advice. I know marriage has made less selfish because that has been the only way to get along. We have a long way to go though, and I'm probably in no position to give out advice.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Oh, yeah. Tell Trey if it helps, I wasn't sure it was about him. I suspected it might have been, but I also thought it could have been abour your mom or dad or your in laws. But honestly, if Richard wrote stuff about me online, it would hurt my feelings.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Find a way to pay for the counseling. If it can save your marriage, it's worth the money.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    I can't advise in this area, but I hope that you find your way through. When you have your talks and things start going right, have you made a plan of action, or is it simply based on feeling? Feelings dissipate, but plans can be followed. Never ready it, but what about Phil's Relationship Rescue?

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Carrie

    big hugs, honey.... please try to remember that your household has undergone a HUGE change within the past year, and it takes a while for things to balance out.


    I mena... even though baby girl is already a few months old... it's been a year of change.


    find a way to save some of your energy and dedicate it to your marriage.... you guys created this team for a reason.... you'll find a way to keep it together, too. XXOO

    hang in there!

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Mmmmm, not many people dig on eggplant - but I do! Yummy!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Cara

    mmmm eggplant parmesan, that sounds yummy... Come on Christi, give us the recipe "Martha"!! lol
    I don't really know any advice on marriage.. But I do know that if I were having problems. I would consult a marriage counselor. I know people that have and it works wonders! Hope you get everything worked out soon!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Most counselors work on a sliding scale and let you make payments. So really check into some before you count them out. Good Luck!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger k8

    eggplant parm is my faaaaaaaaave