Tuesday, October 18, 2005
My head hurts
So this won't be very long. I did want to show you a couple of pics that I took today, though.

Just to let you know, the book I read the other day on discipline seems to be helping a lot. I hope I'm not jinxing it by telling you, but I think TJ has done much better the past few days. We went to my mom's over the weekend (Thurs.-Sat.), and he's usually pretty bad there. I think he did exceptionally well, though. He did spend a bit of time in time out today, but I think it's good b/c he's seeing that I am actually following through on what I say now. I also asked his doctor about time out and spanking and what not, and she said I should make time out longer, b/c three minutes is hardly enough time for him even to calm down. I have to say I agree. Anyway, things are looking up. I knew it was partially my fault for slacking off, and I'm doing my best to pay more attention to them both (which has made getting anything else done around the house even harder!). It's still a work in progress, but I'm feeling much better now, and thank you all for your help and advice and what not.

So, the good ol' doctor also told me to start feeding Taryn solids. She said to start with just a tiny bit of cereal, and work up to vegetable baby food and on from there. I started yesterday. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, Taryn now weighs 15 lbs. (85%), and is 26 in. long (97%). She's doing great, so sayeth the good doctor. Anyway, back to feeding her. She's not too fond of the idea yet, but even today she did better than yesterday. She still doesn't get the whole swallowing thing. She mostly pushes it all out. However, today, she started moving her mouth up and down for a second, and actually swallowed some. I cheered and praised her a whole bunch, and she was so happy! Of course, she then proceeded to gag and spit it all back up. Then, seconds later she was right back to pushing it out again! Anyway, I had to take pictures to commemorate the moment. TJ also begged me to take a picture of her food (?), so I'll let you see that beautiful picture, too!


Ain't she just the cutest! Alright, you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 12:15 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Frances

    Wow! Taryn looks so much older - where have I been??

    Solids - here in NZ they don't recommend you start til 6 months although I remember I started my son at 4 months as he was HUGE and he loved it! (Mind you my daughter was also HUGE but wasn't interested in solids until around the 5 - 6 month mark).

    Your daughter already has more hair than my daughter, by the way, and my daughter is nearly two. (grumble grumble grumble...)

    :-)

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Frances

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    wow she is getting so big. Ahh the beginning of solids! Time really does fly by!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    Sounds like you're getting there. I suppose that the keys to discipline are that (i) it has to truly be a negative to the kid (something he really wants to avoid), and (ii) that it must be applied absolutely consistently so that he surely knows what will happen each and every time.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Kurt

    A baby eating food!

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Cute pictures! I've always been told it's 1 minute per year of age. That's probably where Christi got the idea.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger k8

    aaah. glas the food spitting days are over here at the monkeyville ranchhouse.

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Awww, she really is cute!