Thursday, October 06, 2005
Like mother, like son...
Get ready to laugh at me. and TJ. I'm about to tell you something that I could never imagine telling anyone, much less the entire internet, just for the sake of entertainment, and the hopes of getting you to keep coming back here. If nothing else, at least my mom won't be able to tell it to my friends anymore to embarrass me.

So, when I was a wee tot, we had a little doggy dog. I was prone to eating, and as many yungins' do, I would put anything I could find that looked tempting in my mouth. As it was, the little doggy dog we had had a bit of a problem with making it outside when the time came to, ummm, empty its bowels. It seemed to be much easier just to relieve itself under my bed. And thus, one day the little doggy dog did just that. Now, things haven't changed much since then in the area of likes and dislikes of mine when it comes to chocolate. I am always willing to enjoy a good piece of chocolate, whether it's Hershey, Bavarian, or even the cheap stuff. I'm not picky. Undoubtedly, I wasn't then, either, but I was particularly fond of Tootsie Rolls (which I now don't really consider chocolate, but...). If you can already see where I'm taking this, good. I would prefer to save myself the embarrassment of actually putting it into words. If not, just know that the dog was small, and its poop bore a stunning resemblance to above stated candy...

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper once I found out that my yummy candy find was in fact not candy at all!

So, today when TJ suddenly became very upset, and spit out something brown and squishy onto the floor at my feet, it should have occurred to me immediately what was going on. Instead, though, I just asked him why on earth he always has to eat stuff off of the floor (I thought he had found a piece of candy or cookie on the floor, as his Nana was here yesterday, and they pretty much ate nothing but candy and cookies from the way TJ tells it), and told him to go get a bite of his breakfast to get rid of the taste. He did as told, and came back seconds later still freaking out and crying that he wanted some "chlocate" milk. "Great, now I have to get up from my comfy seat where I was happily trying to ignore you and get you a drink!" I thought. So I looked down on the floor to find out what this yicky thing he ate was. I examined it closely for a second, and couldn't think of what it could be. I picked it up and smelled it, while simultaneously feeling its gooey texture and noticing its very dark brown coloring. Oh yes, my friends, TJ had followed in Mommy's footsteps! We don't have a doggy dog, though, nor do we have a cat. For that matter, we have nothing animal-like, save the babies and Trey (yes, I'm the only civilized one here!). It didn't take long to figure out where it came from, though, as TJ turned to have me follow him to the kitchen to get his milk for him. That distinctive lump in the back of his pants told me everything.

Ahhh, the joys of raising children and potty training! Did I mention that he peed in his mouth yesterday? You know, I'm guessing that one day TJ's really, REALLY not going to like it when he finds out I put this on here. I love being a mom! Have a great day!
 
posted by Christi at 1:51 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Uhhhhh. I think I"m going to be sick. I've heard the tootsie roll story. Oh, poor, TJ! Poor you! That is so gross!!!

    I have moles on my arms. When my cousin was a toddler he tried to pick one off because he thought it was a piece of chocolate.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Wow that is really nasty. I think that tops the peeing on his mommy. Which I couldnt beleive he did that.

    Thanks for the laugh!

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Remember: the Internet is permanent

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Margaret

    ummm...eewwww....

    *knock on wood* so far, my son is only concerned about caca when its in the toilet...he has no desire to play with it... *crosses fingers*

    peace...

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger karla

    OH MY GOD! I've got to stop this motherhood thing before Jake gets old enough to do something like that. Want a cute baby?

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger mrhaney

    well having kids is an adventure for sure. there are a lot of books out there on how to raise children but you will find that they are all diferent and even if you raise them all the same they will all turn out different.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    best regards, nice info
    » » »