Friday, September 23, 2005
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy...
down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart! Where? Down in my heart!

Ever heard that one before? I love that song. Know what else I love? The fact that I got to go out tonight with my Sunday School bunch and have a great time. Why is that? Well, because some awesome group at church (yes, it's sad, I really don't know who they are) offered to babysit for us free of charge tonight as a baby gift to all of the new moms in my SS class. Now, tell me that's not totally AWESOME!!! It's Kiley's birthday, so we all went to Outback and had an aussie good time! I met a new couple, and I suck b/c I don't remember their names, but they were very cool people. I don't think there was a moment of quiet at the table of fourteen, and it was so much fun. I even had a couple of margaritas, b/c apparently, this crowd is not against drinking, which was so nice. It's so rare that I get to get out and just chill and enjoy a good margarita (I do love me some margaritas!) in the company of others. I've mentioned Amy before on here briefly (she has twin babies and a three year old girl, and we went walking and to the zoo together). I sat across from her tonight, and rode with her and her hubby to conserve gas. I love her. I so want her to be my friend! She is so cool! She's a tad bit sweeter and less sarcastic than me, but I think we have a lot in common. I could so be good friends with her, and I can think of nothing better than having a good friend here that also has little kids and the same issues as I do. Plus, TJ has decided that her daughter is his girlfriend. Yes, ladies, I'm so sorry, but TJ has declared himself taken and chosen himself a girlfriend. Now, how she feels about it may not be the same, but...she did enjoy playing with him tonight at the church! So, now I need some tips on how to lure Amy into my trap and get her to be my wonderful new friend that chats with me on a regular basis and hangs out with me. Hook me up, oh brilliant readers!

Anyway, it was fun getting to go out tonight. Sadly, we only had from 7-10 to go out, and we were forced to wait on our table for almost an hour (so much for call ahead seating!). By the time we finished eating and paying, it was 9:45, and we had to rush out before the carriage turned back into a pumpkin! There had been talk of going to Frankie's afterwards, and riding the go carts and such, but whether or not they did that is beyond me, since we had to meet curfew. Still, it was so nice just to get to hang out. I really wish Trey could have gotten the night off, b/c I think he really would have enjoyed it.

As if that wasn't enough for the day, we also went shopping this afternoon and to mom's group this morning. TJ got to go play with other kids twice today, which is so great! I learned something important in mom's group, which was to put God first, then your husband, then your kids. I don't do that right now, and although Trey's kinda said that before, it never really hit home till today. I'm not sure what she said, exactly, that made me click and realize that I do need to foster my relationship with him, but whatever it was, I have now resolved to work on making more one-on-one time with Trey. Very soon (hint, hint) we shall be sitting down and having a talk to figure out how to work out our lives to fit said time in.

Lastly, to round out an already great and exhausting day, I do believe that, aside from getting accidents and sleeping through the night down quite yet, TJ is potty trained. He has done it all, and does it on his own now. Admittedly, he won't pull his own pants down yet for me (yet he can do it just fine at church, I was told so tonight!), but he's got the main part down. When I was a teenager, you could have never convinced me in any way that the most exciting thing in my life would ever be focused around poop! However, not only am I excited that it's been so easy (not that we haven't had our share of icky moments, and surely have plenty more!), but I have told pretty much anyone I can find that has ears, even if they don't want to hear it! I'm sad, yes I know it...but I'm the happiest pathetic person you'll ever meet!

Well, I think I've gone on long enough now. I hope you are having a magnificent day, and I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 10:59 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Christi

    He wants to kinda date around and figure out what he likes in a girl...Jaiden's still on the list of possibilities.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Margaret

    thats so cool...i am so glad you had a great time...

    peace...

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds like a great day.

    I know where your coming from about needing to put more into your marriage. I think I'm a better mom than wife. It's sad to say, but kids are easier to love unconditionally.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Tammy

    It's always nice to get sometime away from the kids and with Adults. We finally got a night out last week end. It was nice.

    Glad you had a good time with friends.