Tuesday, September 20, 2005
If you could see me now...
You would see a face that has a grin from ear to ear. Yes, that's right, I'm a very proud and happy mommy! Today was a busy day, in many, many ways!

We started the day out early by going to the zoo with a couple of friends from church with little babies and a three year old. It was fun. TJ, as usual, was more interested in the sprinklers and playground than the actual animals, but I wasn't surprised. Of course, it made me feel kinda slack when the little girl we were with, who just turned 3, was like, "Oh, look, there is a ring-tailed lemur," while my kid was like, "Fishy, ooohhhhh!" Okay, so it wasn't that bad, but you get my drift!

Anyway, while we were there, TJ was in just the plain undies. In case I haven't told you, and I know I haven't, I have begun potty training TJ. We started on Saturday, I think. It's going well. We were hanging out in the aquarium, feeding babies and changing all four hundred diapers (there were four babies, all nasty!), when TJ told me he had to go pee-pee. Okay, big moment here! I knew he'd have to use the bathroom while out in public, but I so wasn't ready for it! So we head over to the women's bathroom (of course), and get down to business. I thought for sure he wouldn't be able to reach the toilet, or freak out b/c it wasn't his potty chair at home. Nope. He did it. Just like that. Didn't even miss the hole. Yeah, I walked back to that aquarium with a giant grin on my face, but not till I made sure to praise TJ a LOT and give him a hundred high fives for making this so easy for me! Good times...oh yeah!

So, we get home. We are totally tuckered out. I've also decided to cut out naptime for TJ in the hopes of getting him to go to sleep earlier at night. So I can't take a nap, but I really, really want one b/c I'm SO TIRED (that sun will do it to ya')! We play. We chill for a while. We play some more. While we're playing cars in TJ's room for the hundredth time this week, Taryn does something wonderful...she rolls over! A full-fledged roll over! Right onto her tummy from her back! It's awesome! Well, for a minute or so, that is. Then she realizes that she's on her tummy and doesn't want to be there, but has no idea how to roll back. So she freaks out. I flip her back to her back. She rolls over again, and proceeds to freak out again. I flip her back again. She rolls again. Do you see a pattern forming here? Yes, this went on for about half an hour, until finally she passed out, on her belly no doubt, from sheer exhaustion from her new flip and freak out routine! It's so cute, though. She takes her legs and holds them straight up in the air, then throws them down to one side as fast as she can, and her tummy just kinda rolls with it while she's going down! TJ didn't flip that way, he went from his tummy to his back (he liked being on his tummy), so I don't know if it's normal or not. Now, of course, I can't just lay her anywhere anymore. I actually have to watch her or put her somewhere she can't roll off of. Geesh! Now I'll actually have to be a good mom or something...

Oh, but isn't it grand! I mean, my babies are doing such wonderful things! Now I must cry. Yes, they are doing wonderful things...and they're growing up! Pretty soon, TJ will be the new president (ha, I hope not!), and Taryn will be winning her third Nobel Peace Prize. Where does the time go? Guess I'll just have to keep having them. These baby days are so much fun, and they're so damn cute!

Oh, and funny stuff. TJ really was tuckered out. I knew he was tired, but I resolved to keep him awake anyway in the hope of getting him to sleep easier tonight. However, sometime around 6 he was playing by himself under the table while I held Taryn on the couch. I thought he seemed mighty quiet, and when I went to see why, I saw this:




You guys have a great day! I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 11:09 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Aww! That's great that he's potty training. And go Taryn for rolling over. It won't be long and she will be sitting up!

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Christi

    She's certainly trying. I didn't even think she cared about rolling over. She's been intent on sitting up pretty much since she was born and saw that TJ could do it!

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger gina

    what a big boy and girl! yay!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Margaret

    so awesome!! huge steps for your cute kiddos... :)

    peace...

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Priceless I love that picture. What a cutie!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger mrhaney

    enjoy those children now christi because some day they will be teenagers. teenagers are a whole nother story, trust me.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I reluctantly concede that that is adorable.