Thursday, September 22, 2005
A not-so-busy day
But nonetheless, we accomplished a few things.

TJ had a BIG moment this morning...one that was worth waking me up for, even (I was trying to sleep in, oh well...). To quote Trey, the moment went as such:
"Daddy, I gotta go poo-poo."
"Okay, go ahead."
five minutes or so pass...
"I DID IT! I DID IT! DADDY COME LOOK!"
Then, within minutes, I was summoned to the room to look as well. It was a wonderful time for the Pitchford family this morning! Yes, my baby is truly growing up! What's so great is that I can share such memory-making moments with you all. Don't you feel special?

So, Taryn can now roll over. It's great, I guess. She rolls herself over w/in seconds of being put on her back, then gets really pissed off when she gets stuck that way. It would be alright if she didn't do it EVERY FIVE MINUTES!!! I swear, though, she looks like she's trying to crawl, and I am SOOO not ready for that!

Anyway, she's also now figured out how to hold her rattle, and is totally infatuated with it. She was in the backseat of the car today, waving it in the air and trying her darndest to get it in her mouth! It was so adorable! So, when I put her to bed tonight, I figured she might like to have it with her to play with in the morning when she wakes up (one can hope, right?). I laid it next to her, and when she saw it, she immediately rolled on her side and did everything in her power to get it. This is where she ended up:


TJ and I made puppets today, too. That was cool. I think his came out totally awesome, and now we'll have hours of fun with our new puppets. We've already had long conversations in our pretend voices with them!

He glued the eyes, nose, and tongue on all by himself! It was even his idea to make the feet, and he drew them for me to cut out. Ain't it cool!

Alright, you guys have a great day. Talk to you later.
 
posted by Christi at 11:15 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    You are a domestic goddess. Keep on enjoying.

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger Unknown

    LOL, AC. Something tells me she will get a kick out of that comment.

    That is a HUGE step the he pooped in the potty all by himself. Wow! Did you ever think you would be so excited crowding around a toilet to look at poop?

    Great puppets. Please tell me you helped him with the placement of the parts or your child is just a genius. He's a genius regardless, but you know.

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Margaret

    kids are just the coolest ever...

    peace...

     
  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Christi

    I made a puppet, and I put on my white circles, then my black circles. Then I put the glue on his, and he put them on himself. The same goes for the nose and the tongue, and he did the feet by himself (mine didn't have feet). I was pretty surprised by the eyes, though. Mine weren't anywhere near as good as his (they looked a little cross-eyed!)!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Want. Puppet.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger karla

    Look at you, only posting pics of the moments in your kids' lives that YOU deem appropriate for us to see. But no pic of the first self-directed bowel movement? You should have been proudly snapping pics instead of trying to sleep in, and then all your blog buddies could share in the joy.