Tuesday, September 27, 2005
I've been gone for a while now. It's not that I didn't want to write, it's just that pure exhaustion plays a big role in actually making it to the computer before I fall out on the floor! I'm just finishing up day number five of non-stop running around, and I'm completely TUCKERED OUT! Tomorrow promises to be just as hectic, but I fully intend to at least sleep until 8:30, as opposed to the before 8's I've been doing! Anyway, here's a quick synopsis of my past few days:

Saturday, we went first to the Wiggles Block Party downtown at the Colonial Center to celebrate the selling of the excessively high priced tickets for their show in November. We did not buy them, but did manage to waste a good deal of time cooking outside in front of the coliseum while trying to find the reason we drove all the way downtown! It sucked. The saving grace was the very cool and nice young lady that painted hands, who painted a car on TJ's hand, and was nice to talk to. She then came to us and made animal balloons for the kids (Echo and kids were with us), which was pretty cool. After that, we went to the Okra Strut in Irmo, which is supposedly a big thing for the town, and, well, it was HOT! We bought the overpriced tickets that you had to use for everything, got snowcones, then proceeded to go watch karate demonstrations for as long as humanly possible b/c it was so freaking hot outside in the large paved parking lot in which it was held. Before I finally gave up b/c Taryn was screaming for food (and did I mention it was HOT!), TJ, Jaiden, Jaylen and Echo rode a ride of some sort and played on a bouncy slide. We went back later, but it was still hot, and it still sucked. TJ rode one more ride, and we watched the Army band play while eating overpriced cotton candy and drinking overpriced lemonade! It was nice, though, to get to see and hang out with Echo and the bunch again!

Sunday, we went to church, and afterwards, celebrated the baptism of adorable little Ethan (who's two weeks older than Taryn). That was fun. I made the tea and lemonade. That was stressful to me. What sucked is that I made wayyyyy too much, and now I have enough tea at home to last several years it seems! By the way, Taryn will be getting baptized on November 13th, so mark your calendars if you would like to come! Sunday night Julia and cheerin' came to spend the night! Yippee!

Monday morning, bright and early, we got up to head out to the children's museum, EdVenture. Little did we know, they are closed on Mondays! That was a BIG downer, and one that it took me a while to get over (I stayed cranky for quite a bit!). Julia had come up here just to go there! We ended up going to the zoo instead. It was fun, and thankfully God had some mercy on us since we had to miss the museum, and He made decent weather for the day. The highlight for me was watching the gorillas get fed. The head gorilla peed right in front of us for everyone to see! How fun!

It took very little harassing to convince Julia to spend another night. Yeah, she was scheduled to work, but whatever...We were all pooped when we got back to the apt., so we all kinda chilled last night. We needed to, since no one got any sleep the night before with all of the excitement of the sleepover, nor did they have any naps. This morning, again we awoke bright and early, but more rested this time, and headed out to the museum. This time it was open.

The museum was a BLAST! I discovered that you can actually go inside the giant boy they have there, and you can see his insides and play in them. That was cool. We grocery shopped, played on firetrucks and in water, ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, played virtual volleyball, and pretended to be on the news. TJ even made a person...he named him Guy! We did lots of other fun things, too. As a matter of fact, Julia and I even got kinky with the characters from Peanuts...but you'll never see those pics (just b/c Julia's real modest, you know...). I do, however, have a few that you can see, if you just follow the one below to my Flickr account. I promise it'll be worth your trip!

Okay, this has gone on long enough. That's my last four days in summary. I hope yours went well, and I will now be going to find out...Later!
My adorable little fireman!
posted by Christi at 10:55 PM | Permalink |


  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger hgdyhdyrd

    I totally know what you mean by you not having much time to write in your blog. Taking care of two youngsters can be very time consuming and exhausting like you mentioned. It sounds like the kids had a very eventful weekend, and I love the pic of your cute baby boy in the fire man outfit... by far the cuteset fireman I have ever laid eyes on! hahaha~♥

  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger mrhaney

    sounds like you had a great day. i expected to come here and see a post about your cable.

  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger gina

    busy girl. told you the okra strut was HOT, but i thought it was fun!

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jillian

    Oh, he's absolutely adorable in that! I haven't had much time either, so I can see what you're saying. Baptized in November huh? That will be fun.

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Brandi

    He surely is one cute fire fighter :)

  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Julia

    Oh, I'm modest, and you're not? In that case, I'd be glad to make your pictures public. ;)

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Christi

    Julia, I didn't hump anything on camera...make public all you want!

  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Dee

    I know what you mean. I have those times too. BTW...I see there is another dee on here. When my kids were young, I was always on the go. Even when they are older, I still find it hard to keep posting every day like I always promise myself I am going to do. It just never works. Life gets in my way.

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Karla

    TJ looks so cute. Better watch that little heartthrob. He will be on the cover of a fireman calendar in no time.

    I went to see Julia getting kinky, but I wasn't able to see anything. Those would be priceless pictures!