Saturday, October 22, 2005
Busy weekend...
Yeah, I know what you're thinking...The weekend isn't even here yet. Well, here at the Pitchford homestead, the weekend typically happens on Thursday and Friday. Sometimes it's Wed. and Thurs., depending on Trey's schedule. So, ours is officially over now till next week! Anyway, we stayed pretty darn busy the past two days!

Yesterday, TJ rode on his first go kart! Trey wanted to take him to ride one, so we drove over to Frankie's, and hopped right on. That place is EXPENSIVE!!! It was $5.50 for a ticket to ride it ONE TIME! Thank goodness we didn't have to buy a ticket for TJ, but still...Anyway, I'm still not sure if he liked it or not. He kept sliding down in the seat, and was sure to tell me about three hundred times that his side didn't drive. He said he went really, REALLY fast, though, and I think he liked it.

Later, we went over to Wal-Mart and picked out a pumpkin. We were going to go to the pumpkin patch that Echo found, but she went and said they didn't even have pumpkins in the pumpkin patch, so I didn't see the need to waste the gas or time. TJ had just as much fun picking one out from in front of the store! We picked out about 8 or 9 good ones, and lined them up for TJ to pick from. We left the ones he didn't pick, and by the time we left, almost all of them were gone. Yep, we're good punkin' pickers!

Last night we carved it. I think it's loverly! Here's a short recap:

DSCF0553Okay, here's the plan...Hey Baby!

Today, we did a lot, too. Well, we didn't do a lot, but what we did seemed to take FOREVER! It was fun, though. I thought it would be fun to make cookies with TJ. I wanted to make sugar cookies and decorate them for Halloween. I learned a lot today. May I just say here that it's much easier to just buy the dough in a tube and do it that way, as opposed to actually making them from scratch! TJ's attention span lasts for about twenty two point two seconds, and most of that was spent doing the exact opposite of what needed to be done to get the cookies made! We did have fun, though. However, TJ seems to think that the most important part of the whole process is to eat as much of the dough, then the icing, then the cookies, as possible. Oh, and here's something else I learned: If you don't have any food coloring, and your husband tells you you can use Kool-Aid to color the icing, keep in mind that the icing will end up tasting like the Kool-Aid you used! The recipe called for three drops of red food coloring to make orange frosting, so I found some red Kool-Aid and tried it. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to change from pink, and I'm pretty sure our cookies are the first Halloween cookies ever to taste like Watermelon Kiwi! They are still good, though!

I sure do love to make cookies!Mmmmmm!Yeah, I know it's pink!Here, we can hide the pink with these!

Tonight Trey and I made lasagna, and he made banana pudding! Wow, I'm pooped! I love Halloween and this time of year! I hope you're having a great day, and I'll talk to you later!
 
posted by Christi at 1:09 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That looks like lots of fun for TJ. What is that on Trey's hand when he's scooping out the pumpkin?

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    who made the lasagna?

     
  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger Kurt

    It's a party at your house!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Christi

    Trey, the fact that I was feeding the baby while you layered it does not excuse the fact that I helped make the lasagna. I did cook the noodles and the hamburger meat. So there!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger karla

    Man, that looks fun. I can't wait til my kid is old enough to lick the cookie batter.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Cara

    mmmm Cookies!! I love cookies!! You have to give me your recipe for the icing to go on top. I have a really easy sugar cookie recipe that i could give you if you want, it's really easy!
    Looks like you guys had a great weekend!