Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Whew!
Man, what a LONG weekend! We went to Mommy's house Friday and Saturday, and we went non-stop there. Then, Sunday and Monday were the same. Therefore, I didn't feel too bad that we didn't leave the house today, and very little was accomplished. I finally unpacked from the other day, and I washed some clothes and put them away. We watched a lot of tv and just kinda hung out all day, and even TJ didn't seem to mind. Taryn is sick or something, b/c she cried pretty much all day, and only stopped long enough to take catnaps throughout the day. I feel kinda bad for Trey, b/c he had four non-stop days off, then had to go back to work today and work his butt off, I'm sure. Poor guy.

Man, Halloween was fun! You already saw what happened Sunday night. Last night was just as great. We went to Wes and Gina's house first and had some awesome chili that Gina made. It was perfect. I'm not a big fan of hot stuff, and it had just the right amount to highlight the wonderful flavor, as opposed to burning the crap out of my mouth! After that we went trick-or-treating with their family. We didn't cover as much ground as last year, since we already had a ton of candy from the night before. Taryn fell asleep after about twenty minutes of t-o-ting, and proceeded to sleep until we were about to go home for the night, when she woke up hungry. That freaked me out a little bit, since she doesn't usually sleep at that time of the day, or for that long.

After we finished t-o-ting, we went to a little party in someone's yard as part of a "Light up the Night" thing that Gina's church was doing. It was pretty cool. They had a cake walk, hotdogs, some games, popcorn and cotton candy, glowsticks that didn't glow, and balloons that you could make into animals (but no one who could do it). Oh, and they had a jump castle. TJ had so much fun in it, and screamed and cried when we finally had to go home. I've decided that one day I'm going to get a really big one to put in my yard (when I get a yard!). They're really good exercise. I played the cake walk. Blake, Wesley, and then Gina all won at it. I decided that it must be b/c of the last name. Soooo, I went back to my maiden name last night for a bit, so I could win, too. I'm not kidding you, once I did, and told the guy calling the numbers, I won! It was a little bit freaky! I also found out that Trey can make balloon animals (well, he hasn't quite figured out how to give the animals proper heads yet, but...), and now I'm trying to convince him to get a side job as a clown. We'll make millions!

Anyway, a good time was had by all. I hope your Halloween was a great one as well. I already put pics on here of my adorable little ones in costume, but yes, I'm gonna do it again! You have a great day, and I'll see you soon!



PS-I put the babies to sleep tonight at 8:30 on the dot, and by 8:45, both of them were sound asleep! There is a God!
 
posted by Christi at 9:41 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    looks like it was lots of fun. I love halloween!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger gina

    wahhh.....poor trey! only a four day weekend? lol.
    it was fun. we didnt do much today either.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown

    It's always nice to have a lay around and do nothing kind of day. Sorry Trey didn't get one.

    Woohoo, on the early bedtime. That explains why Alison didn't talk to TJ on the phone.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I love a good jump castle.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Cara

    Trey sounds like a really good man!! How lucky are we, Christi, to have good husbands??
    I love Halloween, glad you all had a good time!!
    I love your map 2!

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Tammy

    They look so cute as always. Glad you guys had a great time.