Sunday, October 30, 2005
It's starting to get better and better...
Man, even four years ago, you never could have convinced me that I would prefer the family life to that of the fun college childless one. Boy, was I wrong! Today was so great, and so much fun!

First, we went to church--as a family. Trey was off today, and I got everyone up early (boy, that's another story!) and dragged us all to church. It was nice. I liked people seeing that I actually do have a husband, and that he's such a hotty in his dress pants and tie! I think TJ was excited for Daddy to be there, too.

When we got home, I was not feeling well, and Trey let me take a nap while he made lunch and watched the babies. What a wonderful man! When I woke up, his parents, sister-in-law and neice and nephew were here. We hung out for a while, and when they left to get KK a Halloween costume, I decorated the trunk of our van.
Here's what it looked like, albeit at the end of the night...

Once everyone was in costume and ready to go, off we went back to church for TRUNK-OR-TREAT! It was SOOOOO fun! They had a jump castle and slide, and hotdogs, peanuts (boiled, ick!), snowcones (yes, it's still hot enough here in the South!), drinks and more! Plus, there were lots and lots of decorated trunks for the kids to go trunk-or-treating at! I loved it b/c not only was it a fun way to trick-or-treat, but it was also so much more safe. I knew most of the people there, and could run around and talk to them. TJ was in a pretty well enclosed environment, and I had less worry of him getting run over or getting dangerous candy from strangers. Plus, everyone who had candy decorated their trunk and they were so well done! Fun was had by all. My neice KK and her brother Mikey were there, as well as my neice Julia and her brother Blake, and I had fun playing with KK and Julia on the bounce castle and slide. Of course, now I've had a workout for the month (those things are tiring to move on)! It was really cool to have all the little people on both sides of the family there together to play! Check out some of the fun stuff:

Pictures in order from top to bottom:
Taryn as a pink spotted dog
Trey and TJ going down the slide
Little Mikey as a lamb
KK as a unicorn
TJ as Frankenstein
TJ and KK going trunk-or-treating

Okay, enough, enough already! I had so much fun, though! Anyway, I'm going to do it all again tomorrow, including trick-or-treating, so I'm sure I'll be back with more! I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween, and I'll see you soon!

PS-Please, whether you usually comment or not, if you read my blog ever, go to the top and put your name on my map. I would love to see where everyone comes from!
 
posted by Christi at 9:52 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Nice costumes.

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Fun!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger gina

    it was fun. i need to go post some pics too...

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Sounds like lots and lots of fun!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh wow, what a cool idea.
    Here our church never did anything like that. That would have been so cool.
    When Mackenzie was younger I just took her to the mall where all the stores would give out candy but this year not many stores were giving out candy so I just took them door to door. We had fun.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Renee

    Totally cute pics!

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger karla

    Those costumes are so cute! Or maybe it's just the kids that are so cute. :)