Friday, November 11, 2005
First name T...
Last name J. Today we went over to my Uncle Harold's house. TJ instantly fell in love with him, which is understandable, b/c he's the coolest old guy I know! They were goofing off at the table while I talked to Aunt Martha Sue and fed Taryn. Harold asked me what TJ stood for, and I told him. Then he turned to TJ and asked him what his last name is. (We just went over it a thousand times last week, but undoubtedly he doesn't quite get it yet.) He said, "J." Oh, I died laughing! TJ is so cute! I mean, I guess that was a good answer if you think about it. I love it!

Taryn is quite the energetic young soul, much like her older brother (Lord, please help me!). She is so determined to crawl that she's just getting mad about it lately. However, I'd prefer her to keep doing what she's doing now forever, due to the absolute cuteness of it all. She gets in her hands and knees, and starts rocking her body back and forth really fast. Then, once she's going super fast, she lets go and shoots forward on her tummy! I kid you not! Then, when she's worn herself down, she does a little military scoot on her tummy by pulling herself forward with her arms. I tell you, it is the most entertaining and adorable thing in the world to watch! TJ never did that. He rolled, then went straight to crawling. This is much better if you ask me! Too cute!

Oh, and I have to tell you this: God spoke to me today. He did. I swear it. Okay, see, I know I told you about the house we found, and how bad I wanted it. It just isn't going to work out, though, and I was pretty bummed about it this afternoon. I kept asking God if He was sure it wasn't meant to be as I drove down the road. I said, "Are you sure you don't just want to make it a bit challenging for me?" I knew, though, that it wasn't worth the trouble I was willing to go through to get it.

So, I took TJ to the playground this afternoon, and ran into a woman I had just seen at Wendy's shortly before. We started talking, and I was telling her how we were looking for a house to rent. She said, "I have a house for rent." I swear, God spoke to me at that moment. She told me all about it, and before I had even gone to look at it, I was sold. I drove over this evening and looked at it from the outside, and I'm in love. It's a stone house with a huge back yard, and beautiful wood floors and doors. Get this, it's $75 less per month than the one we were looking at, and it's just a few miles from Trey's work! Plus, they are willing to wait a little bit for our lease to end. Man, I'm not sure what the lesson in all of this was, but God is awesome, and he totally hooked me up! The people are super cool, and I can't wait to have them for landlords. I can't wait for Trey to get home so I can tell him all about it! They gave me keys to it, and I'm going to take him to look at it before he goes to work tomorrow. Yippee! I just know this is going to work out!

Well, I guess that's it for now. Maybe I'll take a pic of the house when I look at it tomorrow and see what you think of it. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!

Now that's a cool guy!
 
posted by Christi at 10:23 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger k8

    god rocks.
    i want pictures of the house!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Kurt

    So are you going to return the $1000 checks?

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    How wonderful for you! Here's hoping that everything works out for you. Well, it will in some way, just not always in the way that you think you want it to.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    Thats great news about the house good luck and I cant wait to see pictures.

    have a great baptism tomorrow cant wait to see pictures of that aswell!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger mrhaney

    hello christi.
    how are you doing today. i sure hope you get this place you want . it does sound like a great place. i wish i had found it. well you have a great week.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Cara

    Congrats on finding a new house!! Can't wait to see pictures!! God works in wonderful ways!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Cara

    Oh, and that is too funny!! First name T last name J!!! Just like a little boy!! That's pretty smart if ya ask me!;)