Saturday, November 19, 2005
You know, it's hard...
having the cutest children in the whole wide world! It's hard to let them out of my sight, for fear that I might miss one single second of wonderful time spent with them, watching their adorable moments pass. It's so hard to believe that Taryn turned five months old this week, and that TJ will be three in January. Where has the time gone?

I'm kinda wondering what's wrong with me. I'm not doing so well at making friends that want to hang out with me here. I've made a couple of acquaintances, but no one that wants to hang out with me on a weekly basis. It kinda sucks. I'm beginning to wonder what it is in my personality that runs everyone off. I realize that talking to most of you about it won't help, as you don't really know me aside from what I write on here, which is so very little of the whole me. Oh well, maybe one day I'll figure it out.

I bought an area rug today on Overstock. It's so cool, and it was so cheap. Plus, there is $1 shipping this weekend, so it was even cheaper! The best part is that I had some money in Paypal that I couldn't get out, so I kinda had it waiting there for me to use. I think it was a sign. I'm getting so excited about moving, I feel like I'm going to pop. My mom keeps telling me to keep looking, and that maybe I'll find something better. I started thinking maybe she was right today, but I went over to measure the sunroom anyway (I want to put a carpet remnant in there so it will be better to play in). Once I was there, and saw the house again, it was settled. I realize there are some points about the house that are not the best, like the fact that the laundry room is outside, and the master bedroom closet isn't even big enough to hold Trey's shirts, much less anything else. However, I am totally willing to overlook that, b/c I just think that house is so great. Perhaps God doesn't want me to have it (which is not what I'm hoping for), and if that's the case, then I'll find something else. However, I'm not willing to keep looking, b/c I'm hooked. All I can think about is where I'm going to put things and what fun we'll have there playing in the yard and playroom. I can't wait!

Okay, I guess that's enough for now. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon.
 
posted by Christi at 9:16 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud

    An awful lot of people find it harder to make and maintain friendships in those long middle years, which, like it or not, you are entering. Try inviting other mothers over for tea or coffee during the day, but don't hope for too much too soon. It's just plain harder for a whole lot of us than when we were younger.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Kurt

    I second that.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Carrie

    hey momma... you'll get there. trust me... I finally am! But seriously... moving to Charlotte was very difficult. great in SO many ways, but hard on the meeting friends part.


    give yourself a break. You're a fabulous woman, and will connect with other women soon.. but I mean.. helllllew.... you JUST had a baby a little while ago!!! and during the peak of the mom'matin season, too! kinda hard to meet and greet and do all the foundation work needed for friendships when you're about to pop or just recently popped a child out!

    wow... I think I have a blog topic in here. ANyways... give yourself the winter to relax. holidays are stressful for everyone, and trying to meet new people is tough enough. I have no doubt that come springtime, you'll be surrounded in blossoming friendships!!!

    XXOO

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I think most of us are disconnected people. Around here, my 2 main pals are Deborah and Cynthia, and I don't see them weekly most of the time. It seems like we keep ourselves so busy, and getting together has to be planned, so it doesn't happen all the time. I see my neighbors and people I work with more than my closest girl friends. ((Christi))

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger gina

    i am just now getting friends that i do stuff with on a week to week basis. it took me three years.

    throw yourself in girl! start a playgroup. invite someone to your house for coffee. meet at the movies without kids!

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Cara

    Great advice anvilcloud!! I'm gonna try and remember that!! Thanks!
    It's so hard to get together with friends through out the week.. Or at least it is for me..
    Everyone is in their own routines and it makes it hard on us all to keep in touch!

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Cara

    I love all of the close up feature pictures!! They are precious!!