Wednesday, November 16, 2005
My friends are idiots...
And I say that in the nicest way possible. Really, I do.

Okay, see, we just got back from going camping in the mountains overnight. It was fun, albeit quite dirty (I'm not down with the dirt, might I add), and my heart raced the whole time. Trey and I went, as well as TJ, and our friends Mike and Julia came along. Julia also brought her two kids Alison and Andrew, who are 4 and 6. We had the van quite full. We were not in a dangerous place as far as mountains go, and Julia had the best place for camping picked out. It was a little flat spot off to the side and down a little hill. It was right next to the river, and there was a wonderful and soothing water rushing sound at all times.

We had a lot of fun setting up camp and hanging out. TJ had so much fun climbing around and trying to kill me. I really thought he would not be too big on the idea of getting dirty, but before we even got the stuff to camp, he'd already stepped in mud twice, and wasn't at all bothered!

After we finally got the kids to go to sleep last night, we got all inebriated and talked around the fire. Yeah, the normal camping with friends stuff. Then, we attempted to go to bed, and wrestling ensued. That was fun! What was really fun was when I told Julia to, "Watch it, Beeitch!" At that point, TJ started yelling out "Beeeech!" over and over and over and over and over and over....(you get it) again! Everytime he did it we all laughed hysterically, so he kept going and going. He loves it when people laugh (eh, eh!) "with" him! All day today, even, it was "Beeech!" just out of the blue! That is one strange and funny kid...wonder where he gets it from?

So, the fun really started today. It rained last night, and that kinda sucked to wake up to. After we managed to get the mess all cleaned up and camp put back into the car, we decided it was too rainy to hike for a while. We went to Taco Bell to eat, and figure out a plan. The plan became to go to Sliding Rock. Ummm, okay. Can I point out right now that it was about 60 degrees outside, which isn't too bad. However, the water would probably have been about 40 or so degrees...which leads me to the plan for the day. Trey, Mike, and Julia decided it would be fun to go to Sliding Rock and slide down the rock. I agreed, thinking for sure that they would chicken out, and I'd get to prod and pick on them for the rest of the day. It came to the point where they had taken their clothes off and actually walked through the COLD water to the rock, and I was still telling all of the children that they weren't going to do it. Man, was I ever wrong! Some old people came to watch my friends, the idiots, and asked me if I was going to go. "Ha!" I laughed, "Someone has to be alive to drive these poor little children home!" So, they went three or four times, and froze their little patooties and other appendages off (or at least much, MUCH smaller!), and had a blast. I can say that I was happy, though, b/c on the way Trey was saying he was so tired, and that I was going to have to drive home. I wasn't looking too forward to that, so when he told me he was totally invigorated and was wide awake, I didn't complain! I have pictures to show what idiots they are. Julia would like for me to point out that she went first, and that Trey and Mike were dangerously close to chickening out after she'd already gone.

They did some solo swims, too, but I just can't bear to look anymore! Those guys are IDIOTS!

Well, that about sums it up. Oh, Trey used TJ to parrot lots of little Mommy-disses to me. Julia's favorite: "Get in the kitchen and make me a pie, woman." Yes, TJ enjoyed saying that one.
I swear! Those kids can't ever just leave work at work! Even bring it on vacation!

I'm tired. I'm going to bed now. I hope you have a great day, and I'll see you soon!

PS-Ten bucks goes to whomever can figure out what made this (Trey begged me to put this on my blog!):
 
posted by Christi at 12:02 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Mark

    It sounds like you guys had so much fun.

    Hopefully whatever made that last "picture" stayed away when it farted.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I know I won't be able to convince you, but it would have been so much fun if you had come with us!!!

    That turd looked much bigger in real life. Mike and Trey are the idiots for taking that picture. I'm consider myself brave and adventurous, with just a pinch of idiocy mixed in.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger gina

    yikes.........sounds......um....fun?

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kurt

    They should not be allowed to take those calls. They're on vacation!

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger karla

    Ack! I did NOT want to see that last picture! Now it's your job to get it out of my head!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger karla

    Ok. Camping = fun! Poo = yucky!
    I still think you should slid down the rock. Party pooper! ;-)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger k8

    ummmm, i think i feel sick.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    I have to agree that last picture is nasty and looks mighty human like!

    Sounds like fun was had by all.

    I would have so slid down those rocks and swam lots of fun!