Monday, November 21, 2005
Blah, blah, waaaa, waaaaa...
That's all I heard today. Taryn has a little head cold, and she was needy and lethargic today. Meanwhile, TJ was his normal self, too full of energy and talking up a storm. It would have been okay if I didn't feel so blah, but I do, and thus it sucked.

So, my poor little baby is sick for the first time. I feel like I should be more worried, but until it gets bad enough that she actually acts sick aside from wanting to be held, I'm not going to worry about it. I'll be sure to watch out for green snot! As bad as I feel for her, she's so adorable with her little red nose and cheeks (I checked numerous times, and she doesn't have a fever). She took a long nap this morning, which is highly uncommon, and I couldn't resist taking a pic of her.
Now tell me your heart's not melting right now!

I have to show you my favorite parts of my children, while I'm stuck on them.
Oh my goodness! Do they not have the cutest little hands and feet! I just love Taryn's little tummy! I like TJ's, too, but I don't have a pic right offhand of his. His tummy is starting to look a little manly lately, anyway. Oh, and I love Taryn's little chubby legs, too. I tried to take a pic of them today, but none of them came out too well b/c she wouldn't stop wiggling! Oh, my chubby little babies, SOOOOOO cute! Okay, well, TJ's not so chubby anymore, but...you get the picture!

I need some new material. I wish I was creative like Kurt, who, might I add, was quoted and featured in some article that he sent me a link to-http://www.bayareaistalking.com/. Or, I wish I was a good writer like Kristen, or Karla, or MonkeyMama, where I could write goo, goo, goo, and people would find it interesting. Or, I wish I were like Karla, who actually has interesting stories to tell, and has a fun and read-worthy life. I'd even like to be like Julia, who just tells about her day, yet is still interesting. Her life is so different from mine, even though we grew up together, and I love to read all about it. I wish I was gutsy enough to do something like Go Fug Yourself, and talk about other people. Alas, I'm not. So what is a girl to do? Why any of you are reading is beyond me. I'm especially boring when I've done nothing for a few days, yet still feel obligated to write. I need a theme. Once, while I had a rent all the movies you can get card at Blockbuster, I was trying to talk about movies I'd rented. However, I was not so good at that, and soon quit. If I had any deep thoughts, I'd talk about them. I barely have time to have any thoughts as it is, though, and they only go as deep as my ingrown toenail (which is actually deeper than it should be!). Any thoughts? I'm actually a pretty funny person in real life, or so I'd like to think. I'm quite obnoxious, and very much the smartass. I make people want to punch me and hug me at the same time. Of course, I can't seem to convey that in my writing. All I can convey is grammatical clarity in my writing, and sometimes I even lack that! Okay, so you let me know where you want this to go, and I'll see what I can do....

Talk to you later. Have a great day, and I'll see you soon!
 
posted by Christi at 10:28 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I love those pictures! I'm feeling kind of blah too. I haven't even begun Christmas shopping, and I'm usually almost done by now, so I find that depressing.

    I read your blog because I love you and I want to see what you have to say, witty or not. Funny thing is, I don't think I would read my own blog if I didn't know myself. I think my sentences are choppy and boring, and I'm not particularly funny or insightful. Haha, how's that for honest?

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Cara

    I know what you mean about thinking "why are people even reading"! But you have a great site! I enjoy it!! I may not get to read everyday.. when I do have a minute.. I always put you at the top of my list!!
    It's fun to learn what other stay at home mom's are doing in their busy, and sometimes hectic lives! Keep on writing girl!!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger gina

    my blog is boring too. lol. but it is nice to see everyones day by day life.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Kurt

    Sick Taryn is one of the greatest blog pics ever!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography

    I sometimes wonder the same thing. Why are people reading my boring site. But it must not be too boring they keep coming back.

    I like your site I read it daily and I love hearing about the kiddos.

    Sick Baby Taryn is a cute picture. And the one with her belly hanging out it is so cute!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Patyrish

    Your kids are the cutest ever! Love the hands and feet pics. Baby hands are the best. I think you are interesting.....moms just have a certain understanding ya know?
    Trish
    http://mynewnormal.blogspot.com/
    http://www2.caringbridge.org/fl/makilyangel/

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Melodee

    Cute kiddos!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger karla

    Ack! The kid pictures are so cute I'm kissing my computer monitor right now! Seriously, just cute with cute stacked on top. Cute squared. 20 lbs of cute in a 10 lb bag.

    First of all, your site is way more interesting than you think it is. It's hard to be objective about your own writing, and it's easy to read other peoples' stuff and feel intimidated. But people keep coming here and reading what you write, and they do it because it's fun to read.

    As for how to get inspiration, here's one of my tricks. Pick any subject and start writing about it. Keep working that post around until you make it funny. That may take awhile and it may take 20 or more times re-reading it and reworking it. You just save it as draft and keep coming back to it over and over, looking for new ways to make it more interesting or more funny. Any subject can be funny if you just keep plugging away at it. I sometimes have 6 or more drafts sitting there waiting for me to get them funny or interesting enough to post them. If they never got there, I'd never post them, but like I said, if you keep working at it, you will make it happen. Sometimes a mediocre event can be made funny just by throwing in a few offbeat descripive words or narrative phrases.

    If all else fails, your kids are so freaking cute you may not need to write anything at all. Just keep posting pictures of those sweet little faces (and feet) and we will keep coming back to kiss our monitors.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger karla

    Not to self: "Descripive" is not a word.